PDA

View Full Version : ----> All My Questions In This: Click Here! <----

Brauap
12-03-2007, 04:45 PM
All my questions! Answer if you want, look at the answers if you need!

AL QUESTIONS ARE FOR THE 2003 HONDA 400EX!

1) What hood should I get (not QuadTech!!!) and for a good price too!

2) Could I really mount my Battery inside the stock airbox? Will I need to rejet?

3) What rev box is the best? why?

4) Is the FMF PowerBomb Header worth the bucks? Will it fit the stock exhaust?

5) Is the K&N PowerLid worth it? Will I notice a difference?!

6) How did you shave your fenders? (what style not the "how-to")

7) What Tires are the best for all terrain (mud, dry, track, ect)

8) Could I put a Maier Hood on mine? (Maier says wont fit stock, but if I cut the plastic holding the lights will it then fit?)

9) How to you make the stock exhaust custom? What do you do? Is it hard? (Tell me EVERYTHING YOU KNOW!)

10) What Preformace MODS should I add that do not deal with the motor or the exhaust?!

I am sure I will have some more questions. So if you will just keep checking back everynow and then..

Also, PLEASE ONLY ANSWER THE QUESTIONS YOU HAVE ANSWERS TO! PLEASE!!!

i.e: 6) How did you shave your fenders? (what style not the "how-to")

correct: I cut mine like this: (and a picture or describe)

wrong: Cutting your fenders is a stupid idea! You will get muddy!

THANKS SOO MUCH!!!

P.S: I forgot to show you a picture of my 400EX just to give you an idea of what mine looks like.
(This is an old/bad picture! But it is not as old as the date on the photo!

Thanks Again!!

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa283/braaup/100_1373.jpg

440challenger
12-03-2007, 05:19 PM
SIKKK helmet :D

12-03-2007, 05:22 PM

Regular Razr's I have found to be the best tire to run in almost any condition.

blasterandy
12-03-2007, 05:35 PM

I would recommend the maier just for afordablity.

2) Could I really mount my Battery inside the stock airbox? Will I need to rejet?

Yes theres a tutorial on how to do it you have to cut the air box and no rejet should be required.

Don't buy a rev box there only use full on bored engines that can make power past the rev limiter, and the stock 400 barely bounces off of it.

Power bomb will fit but i would say get a HMF S/O
No, go buy a used lid and put a pair of Panty Hoes over it

Picture at bottom of thread

I personally like Razr Mx ive had good luck with them on both my atvs.

8) Could I put a Maier Hood on mine? (Maier says wont fit stock, but if I cut the plastic holding the lights will it then fit?)
Yes, with some of there hoods, not all of them.

9) How to you make the stock exhaust custom? What do you do? Is it hard? (Tell me EVERYTHING YOU KNOW!)
Throw it away/ cut it open hollow it out and reweld 4-5in shorter, the stock exhaust is at 88db most aftermarket go anywhere from 97-107db, thats why you should probably get an aftermarket.

10) What Preformace MODS should I add that do not deal with the motor or the exhaust?!
Above all suspension or exhaust first, the stock machines suspension is so limited that you can't ride to your potentaial with it.
Air filter and put an exhaust on it. Those are the most bang for your buck items. It sounds like someone wont let you get an exhaust, my opinion is to go buy one with out permission. :D :devil:

And that helmet is just fine, at least he's covering his head unlike some people. Always ride with a helmet.

honda8&3
12-03-2007, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by Brauap

Laker Custom

Yes not sure about rejet

It will fit the stock exhaust and it is worth the money with an aftermarket slip on IMO

Maxxis Razr2 fronts (22) and Maxxis Razr 6 plys rear (20)

450R Front Shocks! get all these shocks and your stock rear resprung and revalved by C&DRacing. Cheapest perfomance suspension on the market. For 900 dollars you've got a quality suspension
I am sure I will have some more questions. So if you will just keep checking back everynow and then..

Also, PLEASE ONLY ANSWER THE QUESTIONS YOU HAVE ANSWERS TO! PLEASE!!!

i.e: 6) How did you shave your fenders? (what style not the "how-to")

correct: I cut mine like this: (and a picture or describe)

wrong: Cutting your fenders is a stupid idea! You will get muddy!

THANKS SOO MUCH!!!

P.S: I forgot to show you a picture of my 400EX just to give you an idea of what mine looks like.
(This is an old/bad picture! But it is not as old as the date on the photo!

Thanks Again!!

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa283/braaup/100_1373.jpg :cool:

Hondamaster5505
12-03-2007, 06:01 PM

Cant help ya here

Theres a thread about this already

Stay away from them

It'll fit stock exhaust, if you have the money, go for it. (try ebay)

Panty hos in stock airbox lid

personally, i think shaving fenders is pointless and all it does is get you muddy

My holeshot xc's do good in all of them

Cant help ya here

Take end cap off. You will see a wall. Drill 2 1-inch holes at the bottom of the wall. Cut baffle out of stock tip. Wont be no aftermarket, but it will still be great for a temporary gain.

suspension

blasterandy
12-03-2007, 06:05 PM
o yea my atv plastics

400exMO
12-03-2007, 06:49 PM
this isn't an answer to any of those quesiton, but using the search will answer all those question with more pages than you can read.

Pipeless416
12-03-2007, 07:13 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Brauap
[B]All my questions! Answer if you want, look at the answers if you need!

1) What hood should I get (not QuadTech!!!) and for a good price too! cant help you on that one. my opinion is that theres only one right way to do it and you're against it.
its been done, but it looks pretty involved. you shouldnt have to rejet at all.
as others said, with a stock engine its not worth it. if you're hitting the rev limiter, you need to be shifting about 1750 RPMs sooner.
i have actually been looking for one, but you really wont gain anything since you're still running a stock silencer. for that kind of money, you are so much better off buying a slip on.
no, not worth the money. just run an outerwears which costs like $12
i posted a pic of mine in your other thread that asks the exact question.
razr II fronts, razr rears. there are many other good choices too, however i will not recommend klaw rears. they do not have any forward bite.
yes.
seriously, all you will do is make it obnoxiously loud and it will sound like a little whiney girl. save up for a pipe. you will only hurt our sport.
suspension, remove the choke, go up to a 150/152 main and a 42 pilot. take off your air box lid too. asv clutch levers and different bars are nice too. also, handguards.

i know we're all down on money every once in a while, but you're better off saving up for things that are worthwhile. it seems like you're trying to take too many shortcuts.

Brauap
12-03-2007, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by blasterandy

I would recommend the maier just for afordablity.

Yes theres a tutorial on how to do it you have to cut the air box and no rejet should be required.

Don't buy a rev box there only use full on bored engines that can make power past the rev limiter, and the stock 400 barely bounces off of it.

Power bomb will fit but i would say get a HMF S/O
No, go buy a used lid and put a pair of Panty Hoes over it

Picture at bottom of thread

I personally like Razr Mx ive had good luck with them on both my atvs.

Yes, with some of there hoods, not all of them.

Throw it away/ cut it open hollow it out and reweld 4-5in shorter, the stock exhaust is at 88db most aftermarket go anywhere from 97-107db, thats why you should probably get an aftermarket.

Above all suspension or exhaust first, the stock machines suspension is so limited that you can't ride to your potentaial with it.
Air filter and put an exhaust on it. Those are the most bang for your buck items. It sounds like someone wont let you get an exhaust, my opinion is to go buy one with out permission. :D :devil:

And that helmet is just fine, at least he's covering his head unlike some people. Always ride with a helmet.

Thank you soo much! I have 3 more questions for you..

1) hwo will I know what hoods will and what will not?!

2) how would I put panty hoes on the air box lid? I would have to rejet right?

3) Do you have an AIM account? I could LOVE to talk with you.. you really seem like you know what your talking about! My AIM is Fasst400EX

THIS GOES TO ANYBODY!! IF ANYONE WANTS TO TALK WITH ME ABOUT QUADS AND QUADS ONLY.. IM ME @ FASST400EX THATS MY AIM ACCOUNT!!!!!

thanks again!!!

blasterandy
12-04-2007, 02:05 PM
yea my aim is quadguy2208, and you cut the top of the airbox lid open and put panty hoes over it to keep the large dirt out and the rest will be filtered. I would not reccommend doing this unless you have another lid to use when the going gets wet or really dusty. And the hoods description on the maier website should say so. www.maier-mfg.com the item number is #50966-CO it is called the scooped racing hood its like 32$ cause its a close out item.

Brauap
12-04-2007, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by blasterandy
yea my aim is quadguy2208, and you cut the top of the airbox lid open and put panty hoes over it to keep the large dirt out and the rest will be filtered. I would not reccommend doing this unless you have another lid to use when the going gets wet or really dusty. And the hoods description on the maier website should say so. www.maier-mfg.com the item number is #50966-CO it is called the scooped racing hood its like 32$ cause its a close out item.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!!

red_rider_069
12-04-2007, 03:09 PM

My Answer: i have a g4.. its worth it.. it revs the rpms 1250 over stock.. it turns on in reverse.. i have a 440 bore.. not much of a diffrence on stock but you can feel more power when hill climbing in higher gears such as 3d.. it can turn on in reverse.. umm what else.. it worked for me when i had a plain 400 ex.. i can climb hills in reverse.. :D
;) idk i like it.. but bigger diffrence when u have BB kit or stroker..

klutch
12-04-2007, 04:43 PM
1) What hood should I get (not QuadTech!!!) and for a good price too! Maier Isn't bad for the price...

Mud i'd say any dirt devils are nice, track would have to be Razr MX, or Kenda Klaws, best all around Razrs....

It will fit perfect just cut where the stock lights are at and trim it down so its nice and smooth

A-Arms, Axle, Shocks, and stuff like that...

Brauap
12-06-2007, 01:31 PM
Anyone else have any info?? BUMP!