PDA

View Full Version : idling issue on 07 rancher 400

got24x4
12-03-2007, 12:59 PM
I would like to say hello to all. I am new to the forum here, seems like a good place to be. I am new to fourwheelin kinda, ridin around the cabin and at friends trails but never owned my own. So i purchased and 07 rancher 400trx this last week. I have only put 2 miles on it (busy workin ot to pay for my new lady). My question is, hope you can help me. For some reason i have to leave the choke at full when i start my fourwheeler, i let it run for about 15 mins then i take her out and runs beautifully. Then if i stop and leave it sit for say 5 mins idles just fine. Now when i slow the choke about an inch it kills. Then i pull the choke all the way out and try to start it again but i have to give it gas otherwise wait about 5 mins for it to start... Should i try and adjust the idle? Thank you for all your help in advance

got24x4
12-03-2007, 05:13 PM
any ideas?

andyman450r
12-13-2007, 09:12 PM
I've got a 05 rancher with the similiar issue at starting but afterwards runs all day just fine.If I was you i would take it back to the dealer first before doing anything yourself and have them prove to you that it had been gone through completely. Not trying to avoid a little help but it is a 07 just bought. Make your dealer find out whats up. Good luck

got24x4
12-14-2007, 11:49 AM
andyman, thanks for the reply back. I actually spoke with the guy from down there and he stated that normally when they put them together there made to run rich however sometimes you need adjust the idle speed. I adjusted it and it is running all good now, but my first "checkup" he stated that they check that and make sure that it is correctly adjusted so i got a couple more miles on the beast then take her in. Thank you

andyman450r
12-14-2007, 05:19 PM
Hey thats great I've enjoyed my Rancher quite a bit. Until a couple of months ago it was my only until my 450r but still enjoy going out and taking it everywhere. good deal.