PDA

View Full Version : RE-Powdercoating

Jeffksf
12-03-2007, 09:51 AM
I have some a-arms, brake, & shift lever that was coated a few years ago. I'm looking to get them redone, is there any added cost to it because of stripping existing powder?
Is there any prep work I can do to help? I have access to wire wheels and die grinders.
Thanks, Jeff

Parts coming

Pappy
12-03-2007, 09:54 AM
Unles syou have access to a burn off oven and blasting equipment, then no, just send them as is. My pricing includes all prep and usually when someone sends something they feel is ready for coating, i still end up re-blasting etc either due to flash rust or the job not being ready to coat(im a picky sob...lol)

Jeffksf
12-03-2007, 09:58 AM
Thanks, I gotta start wrenching.
Also I didn't see any examples of yellow in your color thread, got any pics?

Pappy
12-03-2007, 10:34 AM
I dont shoot many yellows honestly, but maybe thats because i havent found one dark enough (like chevy or hummer yellow) they all seem light yellow like lost creek's colors

Jeffksf
12-24-2007, 10:42 AM
Also is it best to send the parts then get the direct price from you after you see everything? Or do you need money ahead of time?
Paypal?

Pappy
12-24-2007, 10:52 AM
no worry on payment, as long as its paid before i ship:p i will treat you right on the pricing as always, just dont tell the wife:blah:

Jeffksf
12-26-2007, 10:55 AM
A-arms upper and lower
Foot pegs
Shift lever
Rear brake lever
4 fender brackets
All done in yellow please.

Jeff Bryda
Sevenhills oh

Shipped UPS today, ETA probably this Fri.