PDA

View Full Version : Unfortunate night...

Scro
12-03-2007, 07:37 AM
I posted this in the Midsouth racing section, but I figured it was worth posting here. This all happened after the Midsouth race this past weekend in Westmoreland.

I was sitting in the turning lane with 3 cars ahead of me. All of a sudden, the second car which was an Expedition, just floors it and rams the first car in line. The car stop the Expedition, but it is sitting there just spinning both tires, smoke going everywhere.

Well it turns out the guy in the third car was the son of the driver of the Expedition. He goes up to the window of the Ex. and just starts hitting the window trying to break it.

I get out to see what the hell was going on. I get up there and it was a little boy about 4 years old and his dad driving. The dad was having a seizure or heart attack or something, and had tensed up with his foot on the gas.

So I start panicking. I go back to my truck to find anything that we could break out the window with. The only thing I had was a case half of a motor. I go back and beat on this window for probably 5 or 10 minutes, and never did get it to break. The whole time I was doing this I could see the little boy crying and hittin his dad tryin to get him to wake up...it was pretty intense. At this point I could still see the guy shaking.

Finally a guy came over with a hammer, and the glass finally broke. Keep in mind that the whole time, it was pouring down rain, both tires spinning, smoke going everywhere. One of the tires actually blew at one point, and I'm pretty sure the motor locked up right before we got the window broke. Everything just happened so quick.

By the time we got in, the guy had stopped breathing and shaking, and was just as limp as could be. :( I go back to my truck, and as I'm gettin in I look back and I see the cops pull up and check the guy, and they just turned their back on him. It was just sad seeing the guy dying there in front of his two kids and not being able to do anything about it. I feel like I did the best I could though :(

I'm not sure if they are part of the racing family, but if anybody knows them, let me know.

54warrior
12-03-2007, 07:46 AM
Wow, sorry to hear that. I hope you are dealing with it allright.

Scro
12-03-2007, 07:51 AM
Yeah I'm fine now. I'm not sure whether or not the guy was OK, but the cops not taking any action is not a good sign. I've been looking for an article on the net, but haven't found one yet.

WhiteYFZ
12-03-2007, 11:54 AM
dont worry man, it sounds like you tried your best to me.sorry to hear this. :(

chris46250r
12-03-2007, 12:01 PM
What Westmoreland are you talking about? Tennesee

Scro
12-03-2007, 12:05 PM
Yes, it was just south of Westmoreland I believe on Highway 52. I believe it was the first light you come to once you leave Westmoreland.

chris46250r
12-03-2007, 12:06 PM
I know where you are talking about. Maybe 30 minutes from me. I'll see what I can find out.

Scro
12-03-2007, 12:12 PM
I'm not real sure, but I believe it was at the intersection of 31 and 52...thanks man.

Pappy
12-03-2007, 12:34 PM
That a rough deal Dustin, hard to say anything beyond you did all you could. It is hard seeing family there when someone is really hurt or possibly dying, even tougher when it happens to involve children.

ATC_KING
12-03-2007, 02:31 PM
wow readin that story gave me chills. no kid that is that age sould have to go through that sorry that you there to see it happpen

Ghost-Rider
12-03-2007, 03:13 PM
Thats to bad.

gncc025
12-03-2007, 03:40 PM
dang man thats terrible. one of those reality checks when you realize your not promised tomorrow . cant imagine what his son is going through:(

400EXtreme
12-03-2007, 03:40 PM
hey im not sure if im totally right but someone correct me if im wrong. if you ever in a situation like that i believe the glass on automobiles are tempered so if you hit the corner they would shatter. And im really sorry to hear about this. You tried thats all that matters.

zukirules
12-03-2007, 03:43 PM
damn, this really sucks. Hope everything turned out alright though. That's horrible to see your parent pass away if that's the case.

BlaineKaiser450
12-03-2007, 03:48 PM
damn that really sucks

Flyin-Low
12-03-2007, 05:04 PM
Sorry to hear that, I couldn't imagine the absolute fear the children would be going through with that all happening. My condolences to you and the family.

-Martin

Which 450?
12-03-2007, 06:15 PM
i feel so bad for those kids...

Scro
12-04-2007, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by 400EXtreme
hey im not sure if im totally right but someone correct me if im wrong. if you ever in a situation like that i believe the glass on automobiles are tempered so if you hit the corner they would shatter. And im really sorry to hear about this. You tried thats all that matters.

If I would have had time to think, I would have done that. It's amazing how your brain kind of shuts down and lets your body take over in situations like this.

250rAL
12-04-2007, 07:41 AM
It's a good thing there was a car in front of him or it could have been a whole lot worse.

chris46250r
12-04-2007, 10:45 AM
Scro, I cant find out anything about this. I'm still trying though.

KXRida
12-04-2007, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Scro
Yeah I'm fine now. I'm not sure whether or not the guy was OK, but the cops not taking any action is not a good sign. I've been looking for an article on the net, but haven't found one yet.

Depending what state you are in most medical personel/protective personel are required to stop/help at an accident.

JRP
12-04-2007, 06:34 PM
damn dustin, im really sorry to hear you had to experience that man! :( If you need anything, or to talk about it, lemme know becuase i k now u were here for me when brandon and hunter passed. Its a tragic thing in life that you wish you never have to experience =[