PDA

View Full Version : 400-450 hybird kickstarter???

440challenger
12-03-2007, 06:48 AM
I put the trx 450 motor in my 400 a while ago and used the stock trx kicker. I had to cut my plastic . Im about to get new plastic and i dont want to cut it again. I saw on atvfourplays web site the same conversion, but with a kicker that cleared everything. i contacted them but they do not know what kicker is on there.

anyone with a trx/crf in a 400ex frame know of what kicker starter clears the frame and plastic? thanks alot!

shrank
12-06-2007, 07:52 AM
on my yz400 400ex hybird i used a yz250f shorty which i bought through the dealer in the race technolgy catalog and took the knuckle off the 400 kicker and put it on the 250 since the shafts werent the same size works perfect this may help it may not but it might work on yours too dont know the size of the honda kicker shaft i got a friend who has a 450r ill take mine off and see if it will work on his save you some money and if it does ill sell you one of mine i got like 3 i made for back ups since i broke one the first ride i went on but no problem since.

jarrod

markvette
12-06-2007, 12:39 PM
hey i will take one of them short kickers. i have a yz426 in a 400ex frame with the stock kicker and extension and am tired of kicking the fender. i have cut a bunch off the fender but dont want to cut anymore off it.

Mark