PDA

View Full Version : Axle nuts problem.

RusRider
12-03-2007, 04:00 AM
Every ride I have two nuts holding brake rotor on axle #5 and 4 unscrewed! I tried locktied on bolts #6 it didn't work out...

So how to deal with it?http://www.imagessite.com/OEM_Images/Yamaha_atv_images/Y04YFM660RS31.gif

gene holroyd
12-06-2007, 08:40 PM
i had the same proble with the axel nutts, so i unthreaded the nuts and cleaned thethreads up with a wire brush. then i put on the red locktight put the nutts on really fricken tight, and havent had a problem since. i hear some people even wrap electrical tape around it too. hope this helps.:D :D

RusRider
12-07-2007, 01:36 AM
Thanks!
Will try this weekend....

f4istunna
12-16-2007, 05:12 PM
i did the same thing one on of our 400ex's. Cleaned the threads up real good w/ brake clean and brush. Then used red loctite. Worked good. Ive heard ppl using tape w/ good luck also but ive never tried that.

I used loctite on a wheel hub on a lsr axle. Kept coming loose after a little riding. Cleaned and loctited it and hasnt come loose yet.

Gotta heat it a little w/ heat gun or propane sometimes to get them off.

RusRider
12-18-2007, 02:58 AM
Originally posted by f4istunna
i did the same thing one on of our 400ex's. Cleaned the threads up real good w/ brake clean and brush. Then used red loctite. Worked good. Ive heard ppl using tape w/ good luck also but ive never tried that.

I used loctite on a wheel hub on a lsr axle. Kept coming loose after a little riding. Cleaned and loctited it and hasnt come loose yet.

Gotta heat it a little w/ heat gun or propane sometimes to get them off.

I made the same and occasionally figure out what was the problem. The brake rotor was bend, spinning it was making nuts loose.