PDA

View Full Version : 400ex trasmisiono problems

Grant Casey
12-02-2007, 11:02 PM
1st time riding atfer a big crash, igot back on and took of and i notiec when i reved it up in 2nd gear it pops out into netural and it pissed me off now it skipps in 1st now is my 2nd gear gone

nick249420
12-03-2007, 05:57 AM
same thing happened to me you threw your gears or bent your shifting forks

nick249420
12-03-2007, 06:48 AM
i crashed realy bad at the IXCR race round 9 (the final showdown)
when i crashed, my foot slipped off the peg and knocked the shifter down into 2nd, which then bent 3 of my shifting forks, it broke teeth off of 1st 2nd and 3rd gear on both shafts. I ended up having to get a new piston, have the cylinder bored, new valves, valve seals, all new gears on both shafts and all new shifting forks.

it costed $1800
it would have costed more but i had corey regan from dreyer yamaha do the repair

Grant Casey
12-03-2007, 04:27 PM
yeah, so whats the go u rekcone pull the enigne down, to c whats wrong.................................. the way my crash whent was , i was in 2nd or 3rd i think and my wheel fell off coz i forgot the split pin and yeah the exle dug in and threw me and the bike was tumbing and stuff liek that.

Aceman
12-03-2007, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by Grant Casey
yeah, so whats the go u rekcone pull the enigne down, to c whats wrong.................................. the way my crash whent was , i was in 2nd or 3rd i think and my wheel fell off coz i forgot the split pin and yeah the exle dug in and threw me and the bike was tumbing and stuff liek that.

The least you could do is TRY and spell correctly. People on here are doing you a favor by answering your questions, the least you could do is make your post understandable.

If your having transmission problems, you need to tear your motor down. That's all there is to it. You can pop the clutch cover off and make sure the shifter, etc is working properly first but most likely you'll need to get into the bottom end, which means splitting the cases.