PDA

View Full Version : ac propeg vs. pro armor w/fat peg

Hondaexboy
12-02-2007, 08:27 PM
hey
i am going to get some new nerf bars for christmas and am stuck between these two brands
which do you guys like better
which mount better and hold up longer?
also they will the black pc ones
thanks

SpeedyWho
12-02-2007, 10:02 PM
I've had both in the past and I liked the AC racing ProPegs better.
AC seemed to have a better fit and finish. I had them on a 05 450r they mount well and worked well for me
I had the Pro Armor nerfs with foot pegs back in 03 on a 400ex and I just didnt like them, they might be better now. I ended up breaking the left side off(MY Fault).

04exking
12-02-2007, 10:04 PM
Don't get AC my last set ended up bending on me and the were a pita in the first place to put on. You have to pry them to get them to mount up and I even had to use a rubber mallet. Lets just say I had the worst of luck with mine. I don't really know too much about the pro armor nerfs but I would go IMS cause thats what I have and they mount up perfectly and are 10X stronger than the AC's.

12-03-2007, 05:40 AM
Get dg or blingstar, imo, they are the best two companies out right now, and they fit! lol

jason_david1
12-03-2007, 08:38 AM
ims pegs, ims heel guards, ims nerfs!!

i had the ac propegs on before this setup and they are junk. they bends, rattle, and i had trouble getting them to mount.

little brother has pro armour nerf with heel guards and they are like a rock.

kawabunga
12-03-2007, 09:04 AM
I've never had any issues with any AC products that I've ever run. I've had AC nerfs and front bumpers on my last two quads and rear grab bar on my most recent. The only time I ever bent anything was when I hit something. I also never had a problem installing them either. They went on pretty easy. I like them.
If I had the money, I'd have IMS pegs/nerfs/heelguards, but I don't have $20 bills flyin out my a$s, unfortunately.

NJ450rider
12-03-2007, 09:32 AM
RATH RACING!!!!!!!!

Anything else is a waste of money hands down.

bloodmoney23
12-03-2007, 11:24 AM
I have ran pro armor for a couple years and I was actually about to stop running them but they did change design and have yet to have a problem with them.

300ex mxracer
12-03-2007, 12:38 PM
do not get the ACs. i ve had nothing but problems with them bending and cracking. and they were a pain to get on.

reptikes
12-03-2007, 01:08 PM
I couldn't get an AC bumper to fit on my quad. I told the local bike shop where i got it and the said that they usally have to a TOW-A-LONG to strech out AC products to get them to fit. I work in a Steel Mill, so i know that when you bend metal or aluminum it weakens. So i would of had a weak bumper before i ever got to use it. I went with DG. And it has taken a beating.

I'd go with DG or PRO-ARMOR.

TRX450RACER174
12-03-2007, 01:12 PM
I run Pro Armor Fat pegs, fit was exact no fighting with bolts on install and no bending on anything, i had Blingstar DC racer nerfs before that they were nice but fitment was crap.

Hondaexboy
12-03-2007, 02:06 PM
okay i dont think that im goin to get the ac anymore
i do like the blingstar alot but i dont like how if the pegs wear down you cant replace just the pegs.how long do they last?
and ims is too expensive for me, unless i can find a good deal on a used set?

12-03-2007, 02:50 PM
The pegs last a very long time imo. I would go with dg or blingstar. I do not like pro armor, jmo.

I have always ran dg and they are awesome. They just got a new building and everything to build diff products, and there race peg heel guard nerfs now come with replaceable footpegs soooo...

TRX450RACER174
12-03-2007, 03:16 PM
I have my Blingstar's sitting in my garage, they are Pc'd stealth black and have all the hardware if you want pic's let me know they are in good condition.

Hondaexboy
12-03-2007, 06:05 PM
yeah i would like to see a pic of them if you can

GIXXER1KR
12-03-2007, 09:02 PM
I like the Raths but i would buy 2 seoerate pieces.I think i d go with the new Pro Armor Steel powergrip pegs with any cheap nerf bars.The nerf bars are what usually break.The blingstar pegs are preety mean too.Cheaper than the IMS also!!!