PDA

View Full Version : Fox Shocks are here!

jread14
12-02-2007, 08:23 PM
Ok, I was about ready to pull the trigger on a new front end for my sons bike, and now I see that fox should be releasing their shock anyday now. I am torn because I love the evols I have on my bike, and the adjustability is next to none in my opinion. I guess the big question is how well will these shocks work. Oh, and of course, how much will the fronts cost???? What is you all's thoughts???? JR

QuadJunkies
12-02-2007, 09:11 PM
Are you referring to these??
FOX had these on display the wk end we raced Pismo for WORCS.
I thought FOX had there shocks out forabit now ?:confused:
Again, another VERY sweet suspention set up!:macho
http://www.atvriders.com/gallery/2007worcs09miscatvphotos/images/KE2F0079.jpg
http://www.atvriders.com/gallery/2007worcs09miscatvphotos/images/KE2F0080.jpg

Logan #34's Dad
12-03-2007, 03:18 AM
This sure makes things interesting. Half the weight! Just gotta wonder what chunk of change these will cost. You fellas know if they come for the factory A-arms?

bulldogfallon
12-03-2007, 05:06 AM
I beleive they will make 2 sets.....1 Pro Set and 1 Race Set (3 Pack)

Thanksgiving was the target date the last I heard, but I thought they were ready to accpet orders now.

If they perform as advertised they should be awesome!!

We use Elkas and really like how they treat us and our customers.

The Fox set up will really have to be something special to get us to support a different shock supplier.

I may get a sample set to test...If I do I will post a comparison.

I am lookking forward to someone's post that has them already

Les from Extreme Mini has them on his son's ride, but they are not the production version, so I don't know how much of a difference there is.

etondaddy
12-03-2007, 06:31 AM
Kyle’s Honda frame should be at DC’s today. Talking to Dave he believes he can make the Honda front end to take the same shock as the DRR I hope so that would make it easy. These Fox shox sound great. And the price is supposed to be reasonable.

Mike Kozura

QuadJunkies
12-03-2007, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by bulldogfallon
Les from Extreme Mini has them on his son's ride, but they are not the production version, so I don't know how much of a difference there is.
Les told me they are phoenominal and alot of weight saved.
And I agree about the customer service and Elka,they take of there customers!

humboldt hills
12-03-2007, 10:53 AM
so how much$$$$?

jread14
12-03-2007, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by bulldogfallon
I beleive they will make 2 sets.....1 Pro Set and 1 Race Set (3 Pack)

From what I have read your info is correct. They will have the 14" shock with the piggyback for the DC longtrave and then they are going to have the standard travel 13" shock for the stock a arms. They will also allow you to get just the fronts if you dont need the whole 3 shock package. The big question is, I wonder what the cost will be. I will get with my Fox dealer and see what he says and get bcak with you all.. JR

mxdad423
12-03-2007, 11:54 AM
Brandon's Kasea frame is at Dave's and he just finished up the a-arms and swing arm to accept the new Fox shocks, I spoke to Mark at Fox on Wednesday of last week and he said he would be contacting me within a few days and the shocks would be ready to go. We had really good luck with the Elka's and the support from Elka was great but we are going to go with the new Fox Shocks for the 2008 season and give them a try.....I think they are going to work great...I also heard the price was going to be really reasonable..

jread14
12-03-2007, 12:17 PM
I spoke with them and they said that they are hoping to have a release date no later than the end of this week. They are only going to have the LT available to start and then the standard travel will follow. The fronts will be $895 retail (ouch) for the LT and he did not have a standard travel price yet. Hopefully my Fox dealer can help me out on that a little :D

etondaddy
12-03-2007, 12:28 PM
I spoke with Mark myself and when we talked about prices he said to go through a dealer......... they protect there dealers

If your looking for a dealer try Kyle's new sponsor Jeff Cernic tell them big Mike the cheez-it man told you to call.

Cernic's Inc.
499 Rt.764
Duncansville, PA
TEL: 814/695-2453

QuadJunkies
12-03-2007, 01:17 PM
Maybe you could send FOX a resume, I know they do pretty good rider support. :)
Also, FOX is on Sponsorhouse.

quad1rider
12-28-2007, 10:56 AM
fox closed their sponsorship for 2008 with the addition of the pamx atva suzuki regionals and pamx green team pa state championships.

its a great shock .... blew in the face of elka with one of the best shocks now on the market