PDA

View Full Version : Curtis Sparks Cam

blue_ex_rider
12-02-2007, 05:21 PM
I was wondering if anyone is running the curtis sparks x 4 cam in there honda 400ex. I have been looking on the net for info about them and haven't really found out alot about them. i am wondering if I should go witht his sparks cam or the most aggersive web cam they mkae. Any info that anyone could give me would be great help.

drew416ex
12-02-2007, 08:11 PM
It depends on what other mods you have and what you want to do. Ive heard the sparks x-4 is the same as the web cam stage 2. If you want the most agressive web cam you have to get hardened rockers, hd springs, shortened valve guides, and a high compression piston. The big web cam is also pretty much just a top end cam.

blue_ex_rider
12-02-2007, 08:31 PM
I am wanting to drag race only. I have a 440 with a 8mil stroker to make it a 490ex. All I do is drag race with the bike though 200 and 300ft drag races. I have the hd springs shortended guides and all of that. I was just wondering if the biggest web cam or the sparks x 4 would be better for me for just drag racing. i want what cam is best for drag racing to put back in it I had a hotcams stage 2 and i know there is alot better out there than that for drag racing.also my head was all done by duncan as well and my piston I willl be running is 12.5 to 1. So i am set up for any cam out there I just want the best they make for drag racing.

blue_ex_rider
12-02-2007, 09:11 PM
I am wanting to drag race only. I have a 440 with a 8mil stroker to make it a 490ex. All I do is drag race with the bike though 200 and 300ft drag races. I have the hd springs shortended guides and all of that. I was just wondering if the biggest web cam or the sparks x 4 would be better for me for just drag racing. i want what cam is best for drag racing to put back in it I had a hotcams stage 2 and i know there is alot better out there than that for drag racing.

drew416ex
12-02-2007, 09:54 PM
Im sure you know this but a stroker is a low to mid engine, so it would seem like to me you dont want too much duration which is what makes a top end cam. The more duration, the more low end you loose. If it were me, i would probably go with the web 479 grind. You would keep your lowend, and still have some kick at the top. And since your doing 200-300 feet, you will def. want to keep your lowend.

blue_ex_rider
12-02-2007, 10:00 PM
So yourthinkin that would be the best beat for me then. Also do you know what stage cam that would be from web cam. And the web 479 is it a low to mid range cam. What cam are you currently running. Also have you heard anythign about the tc cams.

drew416ex
12-03-2007, 08:07 AM
That would be considered the stage 2 web cam. It is supposed to be an all around cam. At the moment I am running a hotcam stage 2, but i had the big web cam in and just didnt like it because I had to keep the revs up to stay in the powerband. Im not too sure about the tc cams