PDA

View Full Version : Toomey quiet exhaust mod???

Hondamaster5505
12-02-2007, 03:56 PM
I saw this thing toomey made for the banshee for their pipes that connects to the ends and goes out 1 hole.

Its supposed to quiet them down, but how effective are these really? Dramatic difference or very little

Guy we ride with has toomeys and they are pretty loud, so i was curious

firefighterjosh
12-02-2007, 10:30 PM
Yes there is one. Its called a huch kit.

I had one on mine for dune riding and it seemed to suck some power out of it

bloodmoney23
12-03-2007, 11:05 AM
most pipes that go from 2 pipes to 1 pipe you will lose a few HP. They never actually designed one that has a better power gain than the normal full 2 pipes.

Hondamaster5505
12-03-2007, 11:46 AM
thanks guys, thats what i was guessing. All quiet core/end tips lose power even if they claim it doesnt

Plus with that connecting to the silencers, it would prob. stick out real far:ermm:

firefighterjosh
12-03-2007, 07:00 PM
It dosen't stick out too far. Just under the grab bar

bloodmoney23
12-04-2007, 11:01 AM
yeah they actually are about 1" shorter than a normal full exhaust. Just look at the pic below in the other 2-1 exhaust post. And yeah I have the FMF Q-Silencers on mine and used my buddies FMF PowerCore silencers one day and it wasnt just a small difference....the Q-Silencers restrict the FMF Fatty's ALOT. But that restrction does create enuf back pressure to add a little bit more to bottom end.

Hondamaster5505
12-04-2007, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by bloodmoney23
yeah they actually are about 1" shorter than a normal full exhaust. Just look at the pic below in the other 2-1 exhaust post. And yeah I have the FMF Q-Silencers on mine and used my buddies FMF PowerCore silencers one day and it wasnt just a small difference....the Q-Silencers restrict the FMF Fatty's ALOT. But that restrction does create enuf back pressure to add a little bit more to bottom end.

lol, im not sure were talking about the same thing..

Im talking about a end piece that goes on the the tips of the toomey silencers, not the silencers themselves, lol, i didnt exactly word the question that well.

AutoRoc
12-04-2007, 04:00 PM
DNR popped a buddy while riding in the dunes last time out for no spark arrestor.... Stock shee with Toomey T5's. He had to install the hush kit mid day and didn't notice a power loss but he also bolted his paddles on which probably made it feel faster with so much more traction.. I remember it being slightly quieter but when we all have helmets on and my 400EX is thumping...it's hard to tell. He hates the way it looks...haha Goodluck.