PDA

View Full Version : Are these OK?

jesseweaver
12-02-2007, 03:55 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/honda-trx-450r-250-400ex-190-polished-rims-new_W0QQitemZ140183653664QQihZ004QQcategoryZ43983Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

i need new rims, these dont look to bad, but i dont know about the quality. would i be better off going with stock, or a cheap pair of aftermarket rims? what do you guys think?

underpowered
12-02-2007, 06:51 PM
IMO stock wheels are very tough. those look to be jsut regular off the shelf Douglas wheels. they will bend easier than stock ones. if you et aftermarket get ITP, or douglas ultimate wheels. not the base model ones. somethin with a rolled lip atleast, if not a reinforcement ring as well.

plus thats not that great of a deal anyway. you can find better deals on front wheels

drew416ex
12-02-2007, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by underpowered
IMO stock wheels are very tough. those look to be jsut regular off the shelf Douglas wheels. they will bend easier than stock ones. if you et aftermarket get ITP, or douglas ultimate wheels. not the base model ones. somethin with a rolled lip atleast, if not a reinforcement ring as well.

plus thats not that great of a deal anyway. you can find better deals on front wheels

Agreed. They are the thickest aftermarket, but without a rolled edge or reinforcement ring, they will bend pretty easily. They stock wheels are stronger than those. And even though it says they are rear, those arnt. 10x5 is a front wheel.

jesseweaver
12-03-2007, 02:25 PM
ok thanks a lot. if anyone has any aftermarket rims that are still in good condition, id be interested. email me jesse@dejazzd.com