PDA

View Full Version : retail shops/stores

joshyz125
12-02-2007, 09:56 AM
How many people here Own a retail store and service shop.
and if you have a picture post it.

joshyz125
12-02-2007, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by my88r
Im in the stages of opening a parts/usedbike shop/ups store.:ermm:

Cool, Good luck!

I really figured from the way people talked there would be more retail owners.
I just got mine opened 3 weeks ago!
http://www.mudmotorsports.com/100_2796.JPG

joshyz125
12-02-2007, 05:41 PM
Considering we've only had the doors open for 3 weeks, i think we're doing very well, the customers walking in the doors seem to like the fact we're here,
Although i've got wind through the grape vine that a couple of the local shops aren't happy we're here,

no help from the state, just the help from a local bank,

i'm set up through parts unlimited, wiseco, HMF, GT thunder, Rekluse and a few more.
i also can get new oem, and i have a few hook ups on some used parts,
we do most of our own machine work, Depending on what it is.
used atvs, bikes, ect

joshyz125
12-02-2007, 06:00 PM
Find your local chapter of "Score" They are a Non-for profit group that will help you straighten out a business plan, and all your financial plans, which you will need if you plan on getting any loans.

they didn't charge us a dime to go over everything.

joshyz125
12-02-2007, 06:58 PM
Anybody else own a shop?
if so post some pictures

and if you don't own a retail store post some pictures of your shop/garage

NJ450rider
12-03-2007, 08:52 AM
Hey man dont worry about the other buisnesses not being happy. Two good friends of mine opend up a shop and have faught the good fight to stay around for 2 years now! Its was bad at first the "other shops" were actually calling in things and getting them in trouble with local zoning etc. There first store was actually a 15 by 15 room for a year before gettin the whole building! BUt now there top dogs in the area because of great prices and awesome service!

Everyone that wants to turn this from a hobby into a job/making a living dont be affraid it might not be easy at first but you can get there!

joshyz125
12-03-2007, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by NJ450rider
Hey man dont worry about the other buisnesses not being happy. Two good friends of mine opend up a shop and have faught the good fight to stay around for 2 years now! Its was bad at first the "other shops" were actually calling in things and getting them in trouble with local zoning etc. There first store was actually a 15 by 15 room for a year before gettin the whole building! BUt now there top dogs in the area because of great prices and awesome service!

Everyone that wants to turn this from a hobby into a job/making a living dont be affraid it might not be easy at first but you can get there!
OH no i'm not worried about them, I havne't bad mouthed any of them to any of the customers, and i'm sure they are me, i think it looks bad on them doing that, so let um do it.

we made sure we were zoned correctly, i know one of the shops locally isn't, but it doesn't matter to me, i've known that for months now.

wow, i figured more people would post on this, oh well

CDCHONDAS
12-04-2007, 11:33 AM
I should but my joint aint as pretty as yours. lol functional