PDA

View Full Version : Rubiks cubes

DVXracer
12-01-2007, 06:19 PM
This ***:grr: *** thing is hard! :mad:

416exfreak
12-01-2007, 06:22 PM
I can figure them out in like....3 minutes....

Theres a science to it. Google is your friend once your pissed off enough:devil:

DVXracer
12-01-2007, 06:30 PM
Once i get to pissed im gonna go to youtube and see how to do it, till then i think it will be more satisfying if i can do it myself.

elmer91
12-01-2007, 09:48 PM
some one my mom works with wanted one done, so they let my family have a go at it. we had to go the library for something, and saw a rubiks cube book. it showed you how to do it, and also how to take it apart and put it back together with all the colors correctly placed.

TWISTED DINLI
12-01-2007, 10:00 PM
i hate those things lol.

wilkin250r
12-02-2007, 02:31 AM
Actually solving them on your own requires a different thought process than most people are used to.

For most people, they solve one color (which is easy), then solve another without messing up the first (which is harder). It becomes nearly impossible to get a third, let alone a fourth, fifth, and sixth. This type of method will never work.

Instead, you need to figure out "moves". You need to find a sequence of twists that will change two spots without changing any others. And they are NOT easy, many of them will require five, six, or even more twists. Find a way to rotate a corner piece without changing any other pieces. Swap two middle pieces, ect ect.

Then you put these "moves" together, and you end up solving the entire cube at once. Swap these two middle pieces across, then those middle pieces, ect ect. Then swap this corner for that corner. Now they are in the right locations, but this corner needs to be rotated, then that corner needs to be rotated, and so forth.

It took me MONTHS to solve my first Rubiks.

DVXracer
12-02-2007, 09:59 AM
I watched a video on youtube of how to do it and i still cant get it...

scottsworld
12-02-2007, 06:55 PM
my friendd can do iit with it behind his back crazy i seen him do it