PDA

View Full Version : Whats up with all the old owners?

rollie
11-30-2007, 08:54 PM
I don't mean to start anything, and if people start argueing in this thread i'll just delete it, thats not why i made it. but i never owned a dale but i wanted one since they came out and i know quite a bit about them, i was on all the old fourms and knew quite a few people with them, now it seems like everyone that used to love there dale so much hates them and puts them down constantly...what happened? it just doesnt make sence

in my opinion if cannondale was still around they would be #1 for sure:cool:

joedirt
11-30-2007, 09:01 PM
They're a company that doesn't mind pushing the envelope. Only if........

2000ex
11-30-2007, 09:59 PM
I still love my Dales :)

450rJam
11-30-2007, 10:16 PM
the new quads with the improved 4 strokes putting out crazy torque as well as controlable horse power, and the upgraded tech. in the stock and aftermarket suspension have all but retired the dales/250r's etc.

and the new 4 strokes smooth power, makes them easier to ride fast for longer periods of time

I cant believe how fast they all disappeared, its like overnight they are just gone

like a classic muscle car, they will never lose the "cool factor"

witech
12-02-2007, 08:13 AM
If this thread was started in 2004 it would makes sense. With all the upgrades and updates I think there are more dales racing than ever before. Not only that but now they are capable of winning. This winter should be very interesting now that we have a quad for almost every class. It was not such a big deal the last couple of years to outpower the competition with the 467 engines but the jap quads can be built much bigger than our current 505cc limit.
As far as a replacement for a dale I think Can am may have stepped up to the plate with the right attitude towards performance. .
I have met quite a few ex owners at races and group rides who had dales back when they were in business and they always want to share their horror stories of how many problems they had with the original unupdated engines. It is strange how you still see them keep popping up on ebay in near perfect condition . Those valve covers must be rotten to core. LOL

SlOoT
12-02-2007, 11:49 AM
I still have my Cannondale i bought in 2003.

And at the moment there are 4 Cannondale quads in the garage.

Hmmm, they seem to breed in the garage when you don't look...

cannondale27
12-02-2007, 04:04 PM
I still have mine and constantly improving it.Some of the old guys found it easier to just go buy a new quad rather than update thier Cannondales.Plus thier is always going to be that "NEW" factor.Got to admit thier is nothing like a brand spanking new quad no matter what the brand.Its hard to resist but I figure mine is paid for long ago so every year I keep it it saves $ over buying a new one.

FUTheman
12-03-2007, 06:30 AM
Mine was all updated and it was ****ing sick. I loved it. I still miss it.
But with having 2 kids racing and a wife riding, I had a lot of wrench time. We sold all of our "off" brand quads and switched to 2 Yamahas and two Suzukis. That's what my closest dealer sells and it's easier to drop a machine off for him to wrench on and lets me focus on other things.

I like my new LTR, but really miss the Dale. The powerband isn't even close to the Dale.

cdrookie
12-03-2007, 10:59 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by rollie
i was on all the old fourms and knew quite a few people with them, now it seems like everyone that used to love there dale so much hates them and puts them down constantly...what happened? it just doesnt make sence

back in late 04(i think) the cdale community split into basically 2 groups. 1 group still has theirs, the other group got rid of theirs. and thats about all that can be said without an arguement.

joedirt
12-03-2007, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by FUTheman
Mine was all updated and it was ****ing sick. I loved it. I still miss it.
But with having 2 kids racing and a wife riding, I had a lot of wrench time. We sold all of our "off" brand quads and switched to 2 Yamahas and two Suzukis. That's what my closest dealer sells and it's easier to drop a machine off for him to wrench on and lets me focus on other things.

I like my new LTR, but really miss the Dale. The powerband isn't even close to the Dale.
I heard the red powerband works better.:p

FUTheman
12-03-2007, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by joedirt
I heard the red powerband works better.:p

Bull****, everybody knows blue is the fastest, just look on eBay.

happyboy
12-07-2007, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by cdrookie
back in late 04(i think) the cdale community split into basically 2 groups. 1 group still has theirs, the other group got rid of theirs. and thats about all that can be said without an arguement. [/B]
Dang right. I wish the few people on both sides that are keeping the fight alive would just drop it. I would really be willing to bet that the "haters" really don't hate their past dales as much as they say. I kinda think they say the really negative comments just to rile others up.

I have 3 dales, love em all. Of course I get a headache on one or another from time to time. But I get that with a warrior, a 450r, etc.. it comes with the territory.

tedwilley
12-07-2007, 10:00 PM
Even though I'm new on the main Cannondale forums, I do get the sense that most of the negative attitudes are more personal than about the machine.
Working on ANY high performance vehicle does come with the territory, as you pointed out.
I believe the Dales will continue to have die hard fans, just like the Banshee and 250r have continued to endure.
Iconic machines will always have a following.

cheetah
01-01-2008, 04:41 PM
I still have my cdale. However, I now race GNCCs, Mid Souths, KORHS races, and some state MX races. It is hard to get support from sponsors with dated equipment and with this kind of schedule, keeping the dale in tip top shape would prove to difficult. When I switched to Honda the parts were easier to get, it was easier to work on, and I had buddies that also had hondas we could share parts among. The only thing I ever had against Cdale was their design for removing the motor. Nearly a 6 hour turnaround just to check valves. I've now switched to KTM quads and with all these new machines, they are getting lighter, more powerful stock, and the ergonomics of the machine just feel a lot more aggressive as compared to when I ride my dale. With that said though I love the attention the dale brings and it will be the last bike in my garage. I just can't part with it and lately I've been dreaming of a little 505 sleeper myself. :devil: