PDA

View Full Version : Which Rath a-arms would you want??

GE4x4
11-30-2007, 07:29 PM
If you look at any of the companies that make a arms for Polaris, there all for MX. Why is beyond me as most people ride XC and those who race MX don't use a Polaris Outlaw or Pred, yet that is what we are given. Yet for years we have been asking for XC arms, yet still none available. All others get them, yet we are left out again. I read that this is one big reason why Parton won't race the Outlaw for 08, no a-arms for it. In fact see had to have custom ones made for her. So now Rath is making a-arms now for the Outlaw, guess what, there MX. So for those who would like a-arms that are adjustable, which Rath ones would you want, MX or -.5 XC arms?? Mayby this will show which would be more popular so they can see.

OutlawBill
11-30-2007, 07:42 PM
I got the MX and with the 525s and 450 Outlaws may more people will race the in MX and with Polaris looking for racer there is a growing market.

GE4x4
11-30-2007, 08:08 PM
There is still way more who race or ride XC then MX by far. And since Polaris has never been involved in MX, I can't see a big rush for people to start racing them. It will be tuff for them to get by the big 4 in MX, but in XC they are winning. But there still at a dissadvantage as they still need to race a stock front end while others don't.

eerhard09
11-30-2007, 09:23 PM
I would definitely like to see the -.5 over the extended a-arms. But, for those of us with the IRS Outlaw, the rear is still wide. I do not know the dimension of the rear but I would assume it is the same as the front....

I agree, it sucks that there is no real aftermarket support for the Polaris quads. If it is not a Polaris made aftermarket part, we rarely get anything....

katch26
12-01-2007, 09:51 AM
Ive asked them for this for sooo long, in fact they used to even have xc rear hubs but theyve also gone away. I think they could easily get away with making just adjustable uppers for people like us. I'm working on a set through a company called JD performance so we'll see how that goes.

GE4x4
12-01-2007, 10:53 AM
Polaris has had pro GNCC racers for 3 years now, and there still on stock front ends, or they have to have some special made for them. Many won't race Polaris just due to no aftermarket support. Rath could corner the market with just a nice set of XC a-arms just like the LTR, KFX, YFZ< and 450R. This would help even the playing field at the races. I hope someone comes out with a set. They would do very well with them.

katch26
12-01-2007, 11:12 AM
exactly, I think most did what Im trying to do (at least SP) and try and get away with the uppers. For me if they could come out with a lt xc setup that uses 18.5" (yamaha) or something thats pretty common. LT shocks for 450 racers are always on ebay at a fraction of the price but polaris parts are always full price, so with a rebuild youre still ahead of the game.

TYLER329
12-01-2007, 02:30 PM
What makes the aftermarket a-arms so much better than stock. My 525 IRS has Fox Float EVOLs in the front and Fox Podium X DSC in the back and I guess I don't see what you would gain from aftermarket a-arms other than maybe strength. Is the stock travel not enough for some people. I'm not saying that I would try some aftermarket but it would have to make a noticable difference somewhere.

GE4x4
12-01-2007, 02:56 PM
It's more for adjusting to track conditions. It will make the Outlaw even handle better with caster and camber adjustments, and that is the name of the game, handeling. Plus with a -.5, it will narrow the front another 1" which is big. The front can be a bit wide for the tight tracks.

FReEK
12-01-2007, 05:20 PM
Yes, Bring on the XC arms!! Sum body anybody

TYLER329
12-03-2007, 09:42 AM
Another way to narrow the Outlaw's up is too buy John Gallagher hubs. I have a set and they rock! They make the quad 1" narrower and the have 3 high grade bearings instead of 2 crappy oem bearings. Nice too have considering all of the Outlaw bearing failers. Anybody let me know if you need some. We stock them here at out dealership and I can ship them anywhere and take credit card if you need.

GE4x4
12-03-2007, 10:05 AM
That's good to know. I also heard the 08's have different wheel bearings according to the parts diagram. Hopefully there better.
What are the hubs running?

eerhard09
12-03-2007, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by GE4x4

What are the hubs running?

Yeah, I have the same question, whats the price on the hubs?

TYLER329
12-03-2007, 10:26 AM
The hubs are 429.95+shipping. They aren't cheap but they get rid of two problems at the same time. I smoked the right front hub on my 525 about 3 hours into riding it because of the crappy bearings. These are some beefy friggin hubs and they look pretty cool too. An inch doesn't sound like much but it helps me alot. The Outlaw is just a little wide stock. This is what John ran into so he set out to make his own hubs. PM me if you need some.

GE4x4
12-03-2007, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by TYLER329
The hubs are 429.95+shipping. They aren't cheap but they get rid of two problems at the same time. I smoked the right front hub on my 525 about 3 hours into riding it because of the crappy bearings. These are some beefy friggin hubs and they look pretty cool too. An inch doesn't sound like much but it helps me alot. The Outlaw is just a little wide stock. This is what John ran into so he set out to make his own hubs. PM me if you need some.

:eek2: :eek2: :eek2:

eerhard09
12-03-2007, 11:36 AM
That is a little expensive but compared to the price of the Rath A-Arms at $950, plus you are srill running the stock bearings, that is an outstanding price! Now, what is the width of the rear on the outlaw, is it exactly the same as the front (stock) or is it slightly narrower/wider?

Rath303
12-03-2007, 12:25 PM
Jenn just posted on predatorowners.com the other day. We will have a XC version available for the Outlaw. We still have the XC and MX hubs available as well.

TYLER329
12-03-2007, 12:27 PM
After the Gallagher hubs the rear end is about and inch wider I think but it still looks narrower if you look down the side of the machine, kinda wierd.

TYLER329
12-03-2007, 12:28 PM
How much are the narrower hubs from rath, and how many bearings?

katch26
12-03-2007, 12:32 PM
the hubs are for the rear straight axle version....different than what youre talking about

TYLER329
12-03-2007, 12:35 PM
Oh cool, I could use those here at the dealership on the 525s model.

katch26
12-03-2007, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by TYLER329
Oh cool, I could use those here at the dealership on the 525s model.

yep and any predators you may have too!