PDA

View Full Version : need your opinion

Bulletracn
11-30-2007, 07:09 PM
my sons ride in the Jr. mini quad class in the C.R.A.
The cc limit is 76cc for the two strokes.
79cc for the four strokes does this sound like an even playing field? I have a boys that race both, a four stroke and a two stroke. I am interested in your opinions. My boy is the only four stroke rider in this class aparently. Let me know what you think.

Nichols Atvs
12-01-2007, 08:19 AM
Dump the four and go two, you will be ahead of the game . and then wait till they change the rules.

azextreme
12-01-2007, 10:17 AM
You dealers are great help. Its always a one sided answer!

jerkyboy
12-01-2007, 01:02 PM
The cc numbers favor the 2 stroke
My money is on the 2 stoke

azextreme
12-01-2007, 03:01 PM
thats the whole point 79cc four stroke is not gonna beat a 76cc the cc ratio is not fair the 4 stroke cc limits need to be up'ed so the 4 stroke can compete with the 2 stroke. that why in the big bikes a 250r (2stroke) is in the same class as a trx450r (four stroke). ? is not what engine is better he is looking for help on increasing cc limits for the 4 stroke.

Bulletracn
12-01-2007, 03:09 PM
That is my piont! the two stroke has a definate advantage. I want the cc limit raised for the four strokes so they can be competitive. I guess my question is. Has any other four stroke racer recieved this much flack from their raceing assocation? Is my boy the only one racing a four stroke in a class with the cc limit this close? I agree that my boy would be better off racing a two stroke, but we already have the Typhoon and sank alot of money in it to be able to finish top 10 consistantly and top5 on quite a few occasions. I don't like going the path of least resistance. I would rather be ready when the rules change and not have to play catch up.

hr15
12-01-2007, 05:16 PM
Maybe you could find some other series that have more fair rules and let the CRA know how it ought to be.The jr. classes I know of limit by age instead of cc.Good Luck!

jerkyboy
12-01-2007, 06:31 PM
In our local district 6 they run a sr mini 90cc 2 storke max 125cc 4 stroke. You need to contact your local series and request a change in the class before the season starts. You have a couple
months to work on them.

Bulletracn
12-02-2007, 03:11 PM
I and all my 3 son's race in the C.R.A. I have requested a rule change for the last two years. Last year I was a little late in my request according to the Officials. The rules had already been discussed and voted on for the 07 season.I accepted that with no question and did the best that we could. This year I started e-mailing, calling and asking officials since May. So I was sure not to get the same answer. Now their answer was that they were not going to change the rules just for one person. I am looking for some support in getting this rule changed, because that is not a valid answer to me. The rule is unjust and discriminating. If anyone would like to help me,my son, and the countless other parents that have expressed interest in racing in this class but won't waste there time because of this rule. Please call Jeff Sanders @330 466 6070 or e-mail racecra@alltel.net. Maybe he could give you a better reason than he did me. If I am wrong in wanting this class to be a little more of a level playing field.Please let me know. Thank You For your feed back!

hr15
12-02-2007, 08:44 PM
Please call Jeff Sanders @330 466 6070 or e-mail racecra@alltel.net. Maybe he could give you a better reason than he did me. If I am wrong in wanting this class to be a little more of a level playing field.Please let me know. Thank You For your feed back! [/B][/QUOTE]

Email sent,hope it helps!

Anyone that is in the emailing mood please send one to GNCC at GNCC (info@gnccracing.com) .Some of us that race the series would like to see them have a shifter class for the youth atv riders.If you agree for example a CR85 engine on a fully suspended TRX90 frame is a good idea email away!Thanks.

Maybe we could keep up with the Cobras?

Bulletracn
12-03-2007, 06:51 PM
Thank You all for the support! I will post something when or if I find out anything!

bulldogfallon
12-06-2007, 09:54 PM
How does a 4 stroke 125cc manual clutch shifter sound?

Would anyone be interested in this?

The debate seems to be what will be best ...a CVT 4 stroke since most manufacturers are headed this way or how about a manual clutch?

This could be a great platform for your rider to get ready for the jump to a Raptor 250 or 300EX?

What are your thoughts on this?

By the way...it does seem like the current rules in your class are favoring the 2-strokes w/o a doubt....

Good luck

Logan #34's Dad
12-08-2007, 12:29 AM
Hey Dude, I got a response back from my e-mail and they said the classes will remain the same as in '07. Guess you'll have to buy Logan's old quad now. LOL.

rookiewrench
12-08-2007, 08:57 AM
Bulletracn, I feel you pain as I tried last year to get the 4 stroke limit in the sr. mini class changed to 125cc . I also spoke to them this year about my son riding his cobra 70 in the Sr. class and they told me he would have to race in the blaster class. These may be a few of the reasons that the mini class in CRA has been going down over the last few years. Two years age there would be 15-20 at the gate and now they probably average 8-10.

Good luck with your battle, hope you have more luck than I did.
Email has been sent !!

Bulletracn
12-11-2007, 06:17 PM
Thank You all for the time, e-mail, and the support that you have given this topic. I think I will take my money and race team to another association. Looks like Hare Scrambles are in our future. hey Logans Dad, have you heard if District 12 will allow quads to race? Still waiting on the pics of Logans quad. Heck I'm thinking of buying another Typhoon and let my 8 yr old spank some teenage two stroke riding butts in the Sr. mini's and let my 6yr old race the 70 Ty. MAYBE/MAYBE NOT

KWIK CHIX RACIN
12-12-2007, 01:37 PM
LIKE WE SPOKE BEFORE, TRY THE A.W.R.C.S. SERIES.
MOST RACES ARE WITHIN 1 1/2 HOURS OF CANTON.

Bulletracn
12-12-2007, 03:46 PM
I'm wanting to, but trying to convince my boy's is another story. I'll have to make them try one and then they can have a say so. Do you know the web address. From our talk, I am really interested in A.W.R.C.S series. Need to get our quads set up for the woods, so I will be back in touch for some tips if you don't mind.