PDA

View Full Version : Well theirs one factory rim DOWN the drain or not?

11-01-2001, 09:17 PM
I was riding the 400EX today and as I was coming home, I glanced down at my rear right tire, and I noticed the thing was wobbling like a leaf on a tree. I pulled into the grage and took a look. The rim was BENT! crap! You can see the rim is slightly bent on the inside facing the swingarm. I was wondering if I might be able to straighten it back out??? Any suggestions?? It is wobbling. I have a set of ITP rims and new tires that came with my bike so I guess I would put them on but I don't really want to put on my new ITP rims if I don't have too. It seems to me that Honda factory wheels aren't all that tough in my opinion. They seem to bend easily, like they are real soft or something. I haven't done any big jumps or anything like that so I don't know how it got bent. I know it wasn't like that when I bought it though. Any help would be great. Thanks

Honda Rebel [><]

:mad:

liltazz
11-01-2001, 09:21 PM
i know how you feel i bent a front rim on my first long venture with the new 400. i hit a rock not that big and now its scard for life. there is no hope to straitin it because of the rolled edge. if you try it will break the rim.

barbwire44
11-02-2001, 05:51 AM
I'll have to disagree with not being able to straighten the factory rims. You can straighten them we use a porta power a block of wood and a hammer. the bends we have straightened were the type of bend that affects the inner hub of the rim we could place a porta power inside add some pressure give a few hits and good to go bend another day.

liltazz
11-04-2001, 06:49 PM
but how many of us have a portapower.

"BLAHH"300!!
11-05-2001, 02:59 AM
i go in the portapotty
hit the rim a few times
and i'm good to go for another day....