PDA

View Full Version : C.R.A. cc limit for 4 strokes

Bulletracn
11-30-2007, 06:08 PM
Has any one had a problem with their racing ***. discriminating against four strokes. I have tried to get them to change the cc limt for two years now. Since my son is apparently the only Typhoon rider in Ohio and racing in the Jr. Mini Quad class the committee doesn't want to change the limit for one person. The limit for the 70cc class is 76cc for the two strokes.
79cc for the four strokes. In no other class is the cc limit that close. If I am wrong please help me to change my mind. If you agree with me please feel free to let me know as well. I could use some help.

azextreme
11-30-2007, 06:41 PM
WOW thats way off! Do they even no what a 2 stroke and a 4 stroke are??

Bulletracn
11-30-2007, 07:17 PM
acording to the comittee rep that I talked to today. My son is the only one riding a four stroke again this year. So they don't want to bother with a rule change for one racer. I know of one parent that scrapped the Typhoon becuase it couldn't compete in this class. I have had parents and kids come up to us at the races and say they would race a Typhoon if the playing field was leveled.Sounds like were being discriminated against. Follow the path of least resistance!

KWIK CHIX RACIN
11-30-2007, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by Bulletracn
Has any one had a problem with their racing ***. discriminating against four strokes. I have tried to get them to change the cc limt for two years now. Since my son is apparently the only Typhoon rider in Ohio and racing in the Jr. Mini Quad class the committee doesn't want to change the limit for one person. The limit for the 70cc class is 76cc for the two strokes.
79cc for the four strokes. In no other class is the cc limit that close. If I am wrong please help me to change my mind. If you agree with me please feel free to let me know as well. I could use some help.
THE GNCC LETS US RUN A 125. ANOTHER GOOD SERIES THAT IS UP AND COMING IS THE AWRCS. WERE ALSO FROM CANTON, AND
OTHER THAN ONE RACE IN SOUTHERN OHIO, ALL THE RACES ARE
WITHIN APPROX. 125 MILES. THEY ARE IN OHIO, PA. AND WV.
THEY ALSO RUN THE OLDER KIDS FOR 1 HOUR JUST LIKE THE NATIONALS.

lem dad
12-02-2007, 12:02 PM
You are right Dylan has a typhoon and does well on it but rules do need changed AMA rules you can run 125 4 smoke in 90 class I would think in 70cc class you should be 105 to 110 4 smoke We do not race CRA But it should be same for all I do feel in next couple of years this will have to changed as more 4 smokes are produced by other company and you cannot beat
the price on typhoons After all rules were changed so other brands do not have to compeat against the corbas

Dylan 03
Rowlands Motorsports

Bulletracn
12-02-2007, 02:46 PM
Is the AMA going to allow atv's to race this year? My family and group that I race with were going to change to AMA last year just because of this cc rule, but didn't since the AMA did away with quads

lem dad
12-02-2007, 04:46 PM
Sopme AMA tracks still race quads don't know what disc. 12
is doing yet but you can still race at the fairs and indoors

Dylan 03
Rowlands Motorsports

Bulletracn
12-11-2007, 06:02 PM
I would like to say thank you for any e-mails that were sent. Has anyone received a reply back? I haven't heard anything yet. When I go to the awards banquet I'll be sure to find out something. Thanks again