PDA

View Full Version : problems w/ 05!!! Please read and help!!!

Honda400exadic
11-30-2007, 01:45 PM
I have a 05 Honda 450R w/ a K&N air filter and HMF Slip on exhaust. Ive had the slip on for a while...and the past 3 times i have road w/ stock exhaust and HMF slip on...the motor will cut out at high RPM's...Mostly when i'm climbing hills/jumping/and drag racing..It rairly does it while i'm trail riding going fast...but does it alot climbing hills jumping etc... when it cuts out...it looses power and if i pull in the clutch and rev it up a few times it stops and runs fine at high RPM if i'm going fast..(climbing hills it constantly does it). when confuses me is when its cutting out and I rev it up..it wil rev up to the rev limiter w/ no ploblem...but when the motor has a load on it is when it will do it. anyways..I hope all that makes sense...CAN ANYONE HELP ME or HAVE ANY IDEAS???

THANKS ALL!!!!! :)

pro-rider46
11-30-2007, 01:54 PM
its sounds like a jetting issue, can you tell us what your jettin is? and what is your elevation

Honda400exadic
11-30-2007, 01:56 PM
I have stock Jet....and I live in Ohio..near cincy... But i never had problems with it when i first put slip on..i road it a bunch w/ it never cutting out....

bloodmoney23
11-30-2007, 01:58 PM
up the main jet one size and turn fuel screw out .5 turn

Honda400exadic
11-30-2007, 01:59 PM
well..im planning on getting a curtis sparks full exhaust here for x mas...so i will do all the Jetting then...What jets will I need to run and do u think that is for sure what my problem is?

pro-rider46
11-30-2007, 02:05 PM
well if you have a lean mixture in your quad, you can seriously lock up your engine, its a real bad no no. if you get a sparks pipe and a after market filter, and your around sea level, a 185- 190 mj will do you well. but you'll have to dial it in yourself, cause jetting is a variable thing, and you need a new needle if you want to get one, i recomend the hrc kit's needle, i have dyno jet and its a good jet kit, but the hrc kits needle is the best, and genuine keihin mj's are good too.

bloodmoney23
11-30-2007, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Honda400exadic
well..im planning on getting a curtis sparks full exhaust here for x mas...so i will do all the Jetting then...What jets will I need to run and do u think that is for sure what my problem is?

well if the cs exhaust is the only mod you will have then just get the jet kit that comes with the exhaust......it works perfect.

pro-rider46
11-30-2007, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by bloodmoney23
well if the cs exhaust is the only mod you will have then just get the jet kit that comes with the exhaust......it works perfect.

yeah that too is a good kit.

Honda400exadic
11-30-2007, 02:15 PM
ok..cool Thanks guys!! i appreciate it!..yeah..I have a K&N filter right now...So when I get the CS..ill put that jet kit in...once again thanks!!!!

bloodmoney23
11-30-2007, 02:34 PM
yeah the k&n filter shouldnt bother the jetting too bad.....so the cs jet kit will work just fine for ya man. good luck