PDA

View Full Version : intake/ air filters

krad119
11-30-2007, 01:00 PM
Does anybody have the pro design pro-flow kit? does it use clamps to hold the air filter on? how is the performance? How is it compared to the fuel atv system? I like their system but prefer foam filters.

FUELATV
11-30-2007, 04:17 PM
The prodesign intake has a surface for the filter to clamp onto, but not the intake tube. I hear ya some people like the foam. I can say you will not have an issue with our 8 layer filter and watrer repellent outerwear as long as it is maintained. You will also see more HP with the FUELATV intake.

AL Elks
12-10-2007, 06:51 PM
I can vouch for the FUELATV filter setup.

Top notch!

AL

jeremy_283
12-11-2007, 05:55 AM
i got pro design and love it, i've never even bothered checking out the fuel ATV intake, i think it basically comes down to which one you think protects your engines better

FUELATV
12-11-2007, 10:08 AM
The increase in HP is the big difference. My intake will make more HP hands down and protect the engine just as well.

krad119
12-11-2007, 11:04 AM
Thanks for all the help. I think I'm going to save my money and just buy the FUEL ATV intake.

AL Elks
12-11-2007, 09:01 PM
Smart move indeed.

You'll also be surprised when you ride in muddy areas at how clean it stays. It's tucked in really well on the LTR.

AL

DEVINF450R
12-12-2007, 11:24 AM
Or you could get Twin-Air's PowerFlow kit... worth it. and it isn't mud you have to worry about getting through your filter, it's DUST. foam filters are the only way to go. I went back to foam after 2 pistons and 2sets of rings on each after using a fabric filter.

AL Elks
12-12-2007, 09:02 PM
Keep in mind that the FUELATV filter is a 7 ply vs the K&N 4 ply filter. My intake stays SPOTLESS!

I never had a problem with my K&N over the last 3 years on my LTZ but I maintain it properly. Not saying that you didn't but the majority of people who have problems with the K&N are those that don't maintain them properly.

FIlters are a discussion just like many other topics. It's personal preference really.

AL

Speed_MDS2
12-13-2007, 09:42 AM
I'm with Al Elks on this one. All I ride in is silt/dust and Fuels filter has never gave me a problem. If your running K&N style filter and getting dust in your intake then you are not cleaning it enough or your not oiling it properly, plain and simple.