PDA

View Full Version : trailtech

andyman450r
11-29-2007, 08:23 PM
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee11/mega-andy/IMG_04501.jpg
Really want to run a speedometer/odometer trailtech or others
on my quad not so much for speed but mainly tachometer/odometer to track mileage. Anybody have likes or dislikes? and how easy is this to install.

11-29-2007, 09:47 PM
i'll go into detail tomorrow 4 you. can't "type" easily on my ps3...

11-30-2007, 09:41 AM
it is fairly simple to install.

for the endurance and the vapor:

you pull of the right front wheel, remove one of balts that holds the brake rotor on to it's hub and replace it with a magnetic one that the give you. then take your brake caliper off, and set the sensor into position on the spindle. mark where the supplied screw goes and drill there. i forget what size drill to use.

mount the sensor using the hole you just drilled and then run the wires up to the handle bars where you have the computer mounted.

mounting the computer is easy, but i would suggest one of their billet protectors as it cleans up the look, protects the speedo, adn is a much more reliable mount than the plastic junk that comes with the speedo itself.

for mounting the vapor, there are a few other things that need to be done. there is a wire lead that goes to the coil. it gets wrapped around the coil exactly 10 times...this is the rpm sensor

there is another lead that is for engine temp, you will need to cut a section out of your radiator return hose and insert the sensor.

it can also run off of the bike battery, there is a wire lead that will run all the way back to the battery, i put eye connectors on hooked it directly to the battery, you could also hard wire into a aprt of the ignition. the vapor only draws from the bikes battery when the bike is running.

and there is a ground wire that needs ground to the frame.

after all is done, you simply follow the instruction to program it...

i like having these(vapor on my 450r and endurance on my wifes 400ex) for the reasons you want it. they are close enough in accuracy for me. i can get a rough idea on how far i have traveled and when to refuel.

i am not sure how they would do on lap times because you would have to start and stop the timer, i would rather be concentrating on what riding.

they are not overly easy to read going down the trail at full speed, but you can get a good glimpse on longer stretches.

they seem to be very durable, unless your wife drops it on the cement garage floor...from about 5 foot

i obviously like having one, i bought the vapor 2 years after i had the endurance

if you have any more questions, feel free to ask