PDA

View Full Version : How Often?

ejh2011
11-29-2007, 06:13 PM
just wondering how often ur guys banshees break down

bloodmoney23
11-30-2007, 02:07 PM
it depends....i mean....i ran out of gas once on my 04 other than that it was fine and never. but when i had my 02 i couldnt keep it alive more than 6 hours of riding before something fried on it.

RagunCajun
11-30-2007, 07:09 PM
not even once.

all the rumors that they(banshees and 2 strokes in general) break down a lot, foul plugs a lot, cant putt putt around, always need top ends are all BULL*****. period.

400exrider989
12-01-2007, 02:33 PM
it all depends on how well you take care of it
change the oil every 30 hours unless you get water in it (30 hours max)
always make sure you jetting is right that would mean plug chops
always run a good enough premix and a good ratio too (32:1, 40:1 or so)
check your compression every so often and torgue the head down every 30 hours
keep the airfilter clean and on properly.
always use premium gas or the correct octane for compression you choose

at the end of every month i usually just go over all this and takes maybe 2 hours, 1 hour out of each weekend day works out good
my banshee trail rides and i can put around all day without fouling plugs .. as long as your jetting is right you shouldnt need a new plug for a whole season and still i just change it to be fresh
the only thing i EVER worry about is over-heating but thats only if i am in 1st and dont get out in the open .

ejh2011
12-01-2007, 05:31 PM
k thanx just got mine and needing to no how to take care of a 2 stroke cause im used to 4 stroke

firefighterjosh
12-02-2007, 10:32 PM
Just take good care of it. I had 3 years on my engine (with slight mods;) ) and it still ran strong.

Hondamaster5505
12-03-2007, 11:50 AM
like everyone else said. With proper maint. they should be fine till they get really tired.

We've gone riding a decent amount of times, and not one time even when it was tired did it break down.

But my cousins on the other hand, his carbs are all f**ked up so we're afraid to go far cuz it might break down on us. Hopefully he'll get that 2-1 carb setup like he said he would so we could venture far :D

Hondamaster5505
12-03-2007, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by RagunCajun
not even once.

all the rumors that they(banshees and 2 strokes in general) break down a lot, foul plugs a lot, cant putt putt around, always need top ends are all BULL*****. period.

Well, somewhat true.

putting around you need to hold it open every once and a while or it will fowl plugs. (NGK B8ES seem to last the longest before fowling)

They dont ALWAYS need top ends unless you beat the dogsnot out of it.

Normal riding you should get a good 2-3 seasons out of it.

Banshee;s are high maint. but if you have it setup right its not as bad as people claim.