PDA

View Full Version : apex knock-offs/please help

mikes#04
11-29-2007, 04:15 PM
gentleman what the deal with this machine i have been looking at .its a Avanti scout 125 how the hell can this guy sell them for $1350 ,half the price of a apex!i have looked close at it and its got a honda style based 125cc motor, oil cooler,adjustable caster & camber ,same swing arm set up as the apex,same plastic minus the light,holeshots on dwt rims!talking to joel janssen at janssen motorsports and he sad guy came in a semi load of them at $825 a crack whats the deal with china knock offs?dealer said that can get parts for them cause i have heard that story too!ready for daughter to go from pee wee stock to super or mod class but very uncertain about this productavantimotorcyles.com (http://avantimotorcycles.com)

tireman43
11-30-2007, 10:29 AM
Best advise is to STAY AWAY. They will tell you what you want to hear about parts available and so on. Your better to spend the $$ on something with a reputation and has people to help you. All the name brands(Apex, DRR, Polaris, Kasea, Honda, etc) will cost you less in the end as far as head aches, customer service and parts. Good luck with the decision.

Kevin

THARNESS
11-30-2007, 12:59 PM
Good quads are not cheap.......Cheap quads are not good.

mikes#04
11-30-2007, 04:20 PM
yey ,blows my mind how it looks so ready to race and its not like i dont know what i'm looking for just looking for anybody with a horror story to tell or of somebody they know . dealer did say be advised about jumping it.i would take it the piggyback shocks are fake but man the frame looks pretty solid&arms!:devil:

ecmini1
12-03-2007, 08:42 PM
The scout looks more like a typhoon.