PDA

View Full Version : Dad got a new truck =]

07250ex
11-29-2007, 03:49 PM
My dad just bought a new 07 chevy avalanche no pics yet he doesnt actully get to take it home till tomorrow

Exrider434
11-29-2007, 04:05 PM
sweet them look like nice trucks. Much better than the old design

Ghost-Rider
11-29-2007, 04:10 PM
A Chevy ? Well look at the bright side, now you will get to learn how to work on vehicles.

07250ex
11-29-2007, 04:23 PM
i already know how from tuning fords in the shop :devil:

11-29-2007, 04:23 PM
nice, my dad just got a 08 f250 powerstoke.

honda8&3
11-29-2007, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Ghost-Rider
A Chevy ? Well look at the bright side, now you will get to learn how to work on vehicles.

I'm prolly gonna keep my mouth shut on this one LOL. Ford's are alright, but when it comes to diesels THEY SUCK! Cummins all the way baby:cool: :devil: Then Duramax, but anyway the avalanches are nice. My aunt has one fully loaded and it is beautiful. Very comfy! You won't be working on it at all IMO. My dad's always had chevy's/GMC and not many problems at all. Some regular replacing high mileage stuff here and there but other than that they're great.:cool: :macho

Flyin-Low
11-29-2007, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by Ghost-Rider

Gah.. We had the same truck for field work for 5 or 6 years, it was an old GMC. Then when that one finally was shot we got an old Ford and it lasted a couple months, and the inline 6 was a joke.. couldn't even drive itself out of a rut!

-Martin

trx400EXtreme
11-29-2007, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by honda8&3
I'm prolly gonna keep my mouth shut on this one LOL. Ford's are alright, but when it comes to diesels THEY SUCK! Cummins all the way baby:cool: :devil: Then Duramax, but anyway the avalanches are nice. My aunt has one fully loaded and it is beautiful. Very comfy! You won't be working on it at all IMO. My dad's always had chevy's/GMC and not many problems at all. Some regular replacing high mileage stuff here and there but other than that they're great.:cool: :macho finally, another person that likes cummins and not powerchoke.:devil:

quads14589
11-29-2007, 07:03 PM
avalanches are kinda bad trucks really they arent even a truck

TRX450RACER174
11-29-2007, 07:07 PM
Nice i still love those trucks here is a pick of my old one.

http://www.hotboat.com/image_center/data/500/2654pics_042_00.jpg

ECATV Raptor
11-29-2007, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by honda8&3
I'm prolly gonna keep my mouth shut on this one LOL. Ford's are alright, but when it comes to diesels THEY SUCK! Cummins all the way baby:cool: :devil: Then Duramax, but anyway the avalanches are nice. My aunt has one fully loaded and it is beautiful. Very comfy! You won't be working on it at all IMO. My dad's always had chevy's/GMC and not many problems at all. Some regular replacing high mileage stuff here and there but other than that they're great.:cool: :macho
Not to get too off topic I know our duramax sucks. We've had to replace more things in that and it only has about 75000 miles. But now that it has been in the shop quite a few times it's been runnin alright. Our Powerstroke on the other hand is awsome. We havent replaced anything in that and it has about 5 thousand miles more than the duramax. But I have to agree Cummins are the shiite when it comes to diesel's

The new Avalanches are awsome looking. The LTZ packages are very nice.

tar
11-29-2007, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by ECATV Raptor
Not to get too off topic I know our duramax sucks. We've had to replace more things in that and it only has about 75000 miles. But now that it has been in the shop quite a few times it's been runnin alright. Our Powerstroke on the other hand is awsome. We havent replaced anything in that and it has about 5 thousand miles more than the duramax. But I have to agree Cummins are the shiite when it comes to diesel's

The new Avalanches are awsome looking. The LTZ packages are very nice.

I like duramax my dads has 192,000 miles and all that has been replaced were the injectors and they were free because of a recall and of course tires. I'll stick with my Chevy/GMC;)

derekhonda
11-30-2007, 09:37 AM
Really nice trucks, don't expect to haul a lot in the bed though...

Honda_Matt
11-30-2007, 09:54 AM
I dont like the 2-tone color... they wouldnt be so bad if the bottom half wasnt plastic grey.

mittman
11-30-2007, 10:05 AM
all these people say fords suck and they dont. this guy i know had a 96 ford f-150 and it had 450,000 and the only thing he did to that truck was oil changes ,tires ect but nothing to the motor or anything

400exrider707
11-30-2007, 10:29 AM
All things mechanical will break at one time or another. As far as diesels go, they all have their problems, and when taken care of, they will all last a long time. I partially agree that cummins are the best. The 5.9's are awesome... the new 6.7's not so much, but I blame most of that on ridiculous new emission rules. New chevy diesels, I cant believe anyone would buy one for work, maybe as just a daily driver diesel, but they are made so much weaker than the other two in my opinion. Just remember, they will all break when pushed hard enough.

Nice avalanches guys, I like the new ones so much better, though some older ones when done nicely look good.

cbrooks118
11-30-2007, 10:31 AM
It was a tough call when i got my f150 supercrew. I twas between that and an avalanch. They are nice. BUt now as i accumulate more toys, I whish i had a cummins. Will someone give me $45,000?

beaker1214
11-30-2007, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by Honda_Matt
I dont like the 2-tone color... they wouldnt be so bad if the bottom half wasnt plastic grey.
That was one of the major changes they dont have that crappy plastic anymore, I love the new avalanches being that I used to make dealer trades for a chevy dealership and they are nice to drive.

derekhonda
11-30-2007, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by mittman
all these people say fords suck and they dont. this guy i know had a 96 ford f-150 and it had 450,000 and the only thing he did to that truck was oil changes ,tires ect but nothing to the motor or anything

That is a horrible argument...."i know a guy..." haha...

We all know someone who had no problems, and someone who had every problem, it just happens.

That was one of the major changes they dont have that crappy plastic anymore, I love the new avalanches being that I used to make dealer trades for a chevy dealership and they are nice to drive.

Yeah, they started offering it i think in 05 without the cladding, and a lot of people started liking it better. Not to mention there is a tsb out on the old ones with the cladding that allows you to get it repainted for free, somehting they are about to do to my sail panels and back plastic, damn thing faded on me.

chris46250r
11-30-2007, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by quads14589
avalanches are kinda bad trucks really they arent even a truck

Modern day four door elcamino.

Honda_Matt
11-30-2007, 01:22 PM
Everyone knows someone thats so and so lasted this long...

I dont like ford, but if you dont beat them to hell and back, theres a chance they will live a long problem free life.

That goes for any car/truck product.

Im a GM guy myself, and personally think they make a better truck than almost anyone else but it all comes in the end if you take care of something and respect it, it will last.

There was a big story on the internet a guy drove a volvo for over 1 million miles and only had the trans rebuilt like one time, volvo bought the guy a brand new car.
Im sure that guy drove it with respect.

derekhonda
11-30-2007, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by chris46250r
Modern day four door elcamino.

Very true, but also one of the only trucks where you can stick some major subbage (sorry, just watched a pauly shore movie) in the back, if you are into that stuff. I have a trailer i can throw the quad on just as easy as sticking it in the bed, in fact even when I had my ram I still usually pulled the trailer.

honda8&3
11-30-2007, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by trx400EXtreme
finally, another person that likes cummins and not powerchoke.:devil:

Ya man Cummins IMO is the greatest diesel engine maker besides the AWESOME CAT LOL:cool: :devil: I'm a GM guy, but I love cummins and am a pretty big fan of Dodge too. FORDS SUCK BALLS LOL:p

400exrider707
11-30-2007, 10:14 PM

Im a GM guy myself, and personally think they make a better truck than almost anyone else but it all comes in the end if you take care of something and respect it, it will last.

I'm at the point in my life where brand names mean nothing to me anymore, I'm all about purchasing a vehicle that will last me and get me the best bang for my buck. I went and looked at brand new diesel trucks before I bought my used 06, and I can not believe how flimsy feeling the new chevy diesel trucks are. The doors feel like 1/3 the weight of those on the Fords, they just seem like they were not built to do any work. I guess for a daily driver that doesn't plan on towing a trailer it would be a great truck, and they do have some get up and go, but for a good work truck I think the new fords super-duties take the cake. The new Dodges we all know are falling apart though, which is a shame because they are pretty nice trucks too. Any new truck is nice to me.

troyleepred719
12-01-2007, 02:29 AM
Originally posted by 400exrider707
I'm at the point in my life where brand names mean nothing to me anymore, I'm all about purchasing a vehicle that will last me and get me the best bang for my buck. I went and looked at brand new diesel trucks before I bought my used 06, and I can not believe how flimsy feeling the new chevy diesel trucks are. The doors feel like 1/3 the weight of those on the Fords, they just seem like they were not built to do any work. I guess for a daily driver that doesn't plan on towing a trailer it would be a great truck, and they do have some get up and go, but for a good work truck I think the new fords super-duties take the cake. The new Dodges we all know are falling apart though, which is a shame because they are pretty nice trucks too. Any new truck is nice to me.

Very Well said. I believe that every individual piece has its flaws, one thing or another, one Ford can last forever, while the other one will die. Another thing is power, to base power of a truck from factory is stupid. Look at my truck, 4.3L v6, i have pulled v8s backwards, its all about knowing the right things to do , thats why there is an aftermarket. I dont believe in brand names, nor do i care what most people think about my stuff, honestly people, if anyone cared about the others stuff so much, why isnt it ours?

Hondamaster5505
12-01-2007, 08:20 AM
Cummins diesels are my favorite, they are the real deal:devil:

Thats what alot of big box trucks and mack trucks run, cummins engines.

But anyways, my dad got a new truck also.

97 Chevy silverado 3500
dually
454 big block (smokes tires like a mutha f*cka)
4-door
4x4
Premium sound
4.56 gears

The thing rocks, i never really cared for chevy until we got this truck

250exkid
12-01-2007, 08:32 PM
get a real truck....... cummins....... enough said

fast_enough
12-03-2007, 07:53 PM
Can go wrong with a chev i love mine

07250ex
12-03-2007, 08:01 PM

new ones dont have the plastic

Hondamaster5505
12-03-2007, 08:28 PM
I also love my dads 3500 chevy because it has 4-doors w/ leather interior and 6-speaker audio with 2 of them right by your head in the back seat :D

KXRida
12-04-2007, 03:35 PM
Never had a problem with our excursion. Yah it has this *****ty 7.3 but oh well. Still can't go wrong with an older powerstroke. The 6.0's were nice. If I had to get a new diesel today, I'd have a cummins for sure.

Eh avalances are ok. Not a big fan of them after my buddy got T boned and it broke all the plastic stuff in the back. Yah thank god for insurance haha.

250exkid
12-04-2007, 04:23 PM
plus cummins got million mile engins if ya dont belive me go online and check it... also they can have the most power with just a little edgechip installed...

KXRida
12-04-2007, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by 250exkid
plus cummins got million mile engins if ya dont belive me go online and check it... also they can have the most power with just a little edgechip installed...

I've seen 2.9's run for a million miles. That's why you can still find a decent amount of older rangers and aerostars around today.

bulkdriverlp
12-04-2007, 08:29 PM
14 mpg when gas is 3.17$. big wallet?

250exkid
12-05-2007, 01:40 PM
hahahha dielse buddy heard of that thats what real trucks run on... with a tuner from edge cummins run at 30 mpg no joke look at my bros truck you cant tell me it aint sweet

mittman
12-05-2007, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by 250exkid
hahahha dielse buddy heard of that thats what real trucks run on... with a tuner from edge cummins run at 30 mpg no joke look at my bros truck you cant tell me it aint sweet

thats sweet is it a 2500 of 3500 i will never get rid of my 2500 i love it