PDA

View Full Version : 86 250R Motor NICE!

darren250r
11-29-2007, 12:14 PM
I have a motor I was planning to use on a project bike but I ended up selling the bike before I could build it up because I'm short on cash.

It is an 86 250r motor. The motor has 15hrs on complete bottom end rebuild and 5 hrs on a second over top end. It has a fresh quality grey metallic paint job slightly darker than stock. It turns over smoothly and shifts through all gears. The cases are in good shape and have no damage. The only flaw it has is the the water jacket on the back of the cylinder where the water pump hose attaches has been welded. It doesn't affect the motor at all and is not questionable. I have added oil to the cylinder and turned over periodically while its been on my shelf to prevent any surface rust on crank bearings and cylinder wall. Carb, shifter and kick starter NOT included at this price, but will include for additional $60.

$600 + $70 shipping firm.

Shipping cost includes insured USPS shipping, plastic tote and padding.

These motors go for $650-800 on ebay in similar stock form. I'd rather sell to a fellow forum member than give my money to ebay. I accept paypal, but prefer it be from your paypal balance or check rather than credit card so I don't have to pay them a percentage.

Serious inquiries only.

Email me for pics.

darren250r@gmail.com