PDA

View Full Version : custom spark plug sockets

f150mann
11-29-2007, 11:33 AM
i just designed one, and have it about fabbed. just wondering if anyone else would be interested in somethin like it??

not looking to make profit, say 10$ each? i think i paid 16 for my crappy one from the dealer.

basically mine is not hollow like the dealers, thicker walls around the plug, better fit on the plug, not lots of play like oem ones, and will have a opening for a 1/2" drive ratchet on the end... not just an empty hole.

ill post pics when its done.

11-29-2007, 11:39 AM
how similar is it to the one that msr sells?

underpowered
11-29-2007, 12:16 PM
i took one from that motorcycle stuff sells. it worked good teh way it was, but not great. i cut it off some, and welded a 12mm 3/8" socket to the top so i could use a ratchet. works great, and cheap to. $6 for the tool from Motorcylce stuff, and $.99 for an El cheapo socket and about 10 minutes of time

f150mann
11-29-2007, 03:15 PM
i had no idea msr sold one. i was fabbing this up for personal use i would have bought one if i knew they were available. have a picture of it????

the welded socket is a good idea, im precision machining mine on a lathe/mill from round stock aluminum.

i have it all cut and drilled, need to mill the hex for the plug and thats about it, maybe polish it up a little.