PDA

View Full Version : stroker

ragin450r
11-29-2007, 05:12 AM
looking at stroker cranks and i am looking for opinions on the best brand and best prices.

thanks

chad502ex
11-29-2007, 06:53 AM
Originally posted by ragin450r
looking at stroker cranks and i am looking for opinions on the best brand and best prices.

thanks

the best option is my 471R, which is a +3mm Hot Rod crank on my 15:1 piston making 65hp. Crank costs about $400, so does port and flow, piston is less than $300. ya need a great exhaust too..

Can nexer go wrong with Falicon cranks either but the costs is more....

pro-rider46
11-29-2007, 11:43 PM
yeah chad your builds are always ridiculously awesome, you cant go wrong with chad!

chad502ex
11-30-2007, 05:45 AM
Originally posted by pro-rider46
yeah chad your builds are always ridiculously awesome, you cant go wrong with chad!

thanks, i appreciate it.

quadwanter
11-30-2007, 08:10 AM
I dont know which but i heard that there is either problems running the hotrods +3 with high compression pistons or problems running that crank with BBK's? which one is it?

chad502ex
11-30-2007, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by quadwanter
I dont know which but i heard that there is either problems running the hotrods +3 with high compression pistons or problems running that crank with BBK's? which one is it?

well, we've been running the +3mm Hot Rod stroker with my 15:1 stock bore piston making 65hp in a stock cylinder, with the added 16:1 stroke, with no problems at all on plenty of engine run-time...

:macho

tooanxiousii
11-30-2007, 02:27 PM
What fuel are you running and what octane? Just got my hot rod stroker crank today:D

chad502ex
11-30-2007, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by tooanxiousii
What fuel are you running and what octane? Just got my hot rod stroker crank today:D

I run C16 on 16:1

tooanxiousii
11-30-2007, 02:34 PM
What do you pay a gallon for it and where do you get it?

chad502ex
11-30-2007, 03:05 PM
What do you pay a gallon for it and where do you get it?

VP Race Fuels C16 is about $55 for 5 gallons,... you can get it from their distributors.. check with VP or online search,..

tooanxiousii
11-30-2007, 03:06 PM
Thanks Chad

tooanxiousii
11-30-2007, 03:08 PM
What do you think about Q16?

chad502ex
11-30-2007, 03:11 PM
What do you think about Q16?
what about it? its a good fuel but a lot more money per gallon...

GIXXER1KR
11-30-2007, 08:36 PM
Hey Chad would this be a good MX build or just a drag bike.What kinda HP can u make with an 06 and still keep maintanance down with reliability.And whats the average build cost...Yes i know i need to call you!!:)

chad502ex
11-30-2007, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by GIXXER1KR
Hey Chad would this be a good MX build or just a drag bike.What kinda HP can u make with an 06 and still keep maintanance down with reliability.And whats the average build cost...Yes i know i need to call you!!:)

making hp (or should we say tq in the higher rpms) with a +3mm stroker on an 05 or an 06 is relatively the same on each,.. doesn't really matter for me which one ... ,.... its the 'tuning' of the cam profiles that can biased for mx or top end drag...

port tuning can bring the two together also,..

GIXXER1KR
11-30-2007, 09:18 PM
Hey Chad whats the average cost on shipping a whole motor.Any idea.Gotta be crazy right.To get the most outta a build the cams need degreeing or could i do asesembly myself and be close enough!!!Your thoughts..Hey do u have IM!!!

chad502ex
12-01-2007, 08:27 AM
Hey Chad whats the average cost on shipping a whole motor.Any idea.Gotta be crazy right.To get the most outta a build the cams need degreeing or could i do asesembly myself and be close enough!!!Your thoughts..Hey do u have IM!!!

shipping an engine across the country usually costs about $80-100 ground...

most of my cams are installed straight up, unless I deck the head for max compression,... then,... I may degree/clay check my clearances.

I dont have instant message.

GIXXER1KR
12-02-2007, 05:20 PM
Chad what do u think the life expectancy(reliability) of an 06 crank is.I have 2 years on mine.Is there anyway to get an idea by the condition the valves are in.So with your cam,strokercrank,high comp piston and port work where abouts on the HP chart would i be and reliability????

chad502ex
12-02-2007, 06:18 PM
Chad what do u think the life expectancy(reliability) of an 06 crank is.I have 2 years on mine.Is there anyway to get an idea by the condition the valves are in.So with your cam,strokercrank,high comp piston and port work where abouts on the HP chart would i be and reliability????

a leakdown test is a good way of testing your valves, but it'll also test your rings too...

my 471 is pushing over 65hp,.... I'd challenge anyone to prove that they can get more than 65rwhp with a dyno sheet on 470cc displacement with no alcohol or nitrous..... I just havn't seen anyone on the internet making over 60 with less than a 500cc,... and even the 511's havn't gotten what my build makes on dynojet... ....... all on a dynojet dyno too....its the truth- no BS just the facts..

reliability? ALL MY BULDS ARE RELIABLE....even the drag/xc/mx builds i do,... I 'blueprint and document' all of my builds to be sure I undersand my customers engine completely before its returned shipped...my 65HP 471R is still romping competition week after week on 16+:1 compression just like all my custumers too... I'm not into building engines for them to return because of issues,.... research my customer base and ask them in PM for yourself if you need... :D

..... I'm not trying to come across as arrogant,.... I think everyone has come to realized that I'm 'KingR'... :macho :devil

hehehehehe....

pro-rider46
12-02-2007, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by chad502ex
a leakdown test is a good way of testing your valves, but it'll also test your rings too...

my 471 is pushing over 65hp,.... I'd challenge anyone to prove that they can get more than 65rwhp with a dyno sheet on 470cc displacement with no alcohol or nitrous..... I just havn't seen anyone on the internet making over 60 with less than a 500cc,... and even the 511's havn't gotten what my build makes on dynojet... ....... all on a dynojet dyno too....its the truth- no BS just the facts..

reliability? ALL MY BULDS ARE RELIABLE....even the drag/xc/mx builds i do,... I 'blueprint and document' all of my builds to be sure I undersand my customers engine completely before its returned shipped...my 65HP 471R is still romping competition week after week on 16+:1 compression just like all my custumers too... I'm not into building engines for them to return because of issues,.... research my customer base and ask them in PM for yourself if you need... :D

..... I'm not trying to come across as arrogant,.... I think everyone has come to realized that I'm 'KingR'... :macho :devil

hehehehehe....

i honestly havent seen a single person complain about your work. and i have been around awhile, and still no one complains!

GIXXER1KR
12-03-2007, 08:01 PM
Holey **** Chad.I can break 60 HP and still be reliable.I dont have to be at the 450cc stock bore because i run open class and i have to run with all the bigbores.I do alright with my HRC 06...Never mind 60+ and having my Motowoz reworked and revalved for MX!!!!Chad when is a good time to call you.I work till around 8 so let me know.Its time to chat and i think Im gonna see what your all about instead of your boy (VENOM) lol!!!I HAD TOO!!!Nah i was looking into Baldwin and Rage.I was kinda staying away from Baldwin because my buddy had his motor done by him.He was satisified with the reliability but told him he wanted more power.So after the 1st year he sent it back and Mark redid it with more power:confused: :confused: Why didnt he do that the first time!!!HHHMMM!!!

chad502ex
12-04-2007, 06:45 AM
Holey **** Chad.I can break 60 HP and still be reliable.I dont have to be at the 450cc stock bore because i run open class and i have to run with all the bigbores.I do alright with my HRC 06...Never mind 60+ and having my Motowoz reworked and revalved for MX!!!!Chad when is a good time to call you.I work till around 8 so let me know.Its time to chat and i think Im gonna see what your all about instead of your boy (VENOM) lol!!!I HAD TOO!!!Nah i was looking into Baldwin and Rage.I was kinda staying away from Baldwin because my buddy had his motor done by him.He was satisified with the reliability but told him he wanted more power.So after the 1st year he sent it back and Mark redid it with more power:confused: :confused: Why didnt he do that the first time!!!HHHMMM!!!

kewl! you can call anytime between 5-9pm est.

Sometimes a builder weighs reliability against max power... I was hitting 65 with the 471, but who's to say thats max power ;)

hehe....

450R_lover
12-04-2007, 07:37 PM
Man Chad, pretty soon everyone on this forum is going to be DRG powered! haha... Chad is reworking my head as we speak, cant wait to get it all back together. The reason I chose chad was because from what I have seen, He has found a "special" way to do his port work. It seems like every other company, large or small, just grind out the ports the same way. Chad found a new way to do it that has been proven to make insane power. I'd recommend him before I even have his work in my hands! haha... JMO
Peace :blah:

jason_david1
12-04-2007, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by 450R_lover
Man Chad, pretty soon everyone on this forum is going to be DRG powered! haha... Chad is reworking my head as we speak, cant wait to get it all back together. The reason I chose chad was because from what I have seen, He has found a "special" way to do his port work. It seems like every other company, large or small, just grind out the ports the same way. Chad found a new way to do it that has been proven to make insane power. I'd recommend him before I even have his work in my hands! haha... JMO
Peace :blah:

funny that is exactly what i was thinking!!

chad502ex
12-04-2007, 07:49 PM
thanks 450R_lover and jason_david1...

you both will have a sweat cylinder head for sure...

:D

I dont want to rush perfection you know... each cylinder head is a hand-crafted work of art... you'll see... :macho

I may post a thread on one,... maybe when I have time since each cylinder head is documented with photos and flowbench data... :D

jason_david1
12-04-2007, 07:57 PM

I dont want to rush perfection you know... each cylinder head is a hand-crafted work of art... you'll see... :macho

I may post a thread on one,... maybe when I have time since each cylinder head is documented with photos and flowbench data... :D

sounds good

GIXXER1KR
12-04-2007, 11:01 PM
Shut off the answering machine Chad..LOL...Ill try you again tommorow night.Not to mention a flow bench is the most accurate way to reproduce the same port work.No guessing...Chad do u have a Dyno????

chad502ex
12-05-2007, 07:08 AM
Shut off the answering machine Chad..LOL...Ill try you again tommorow night.Not to mention a flow bench is the most accurate way to reproduce the same port work.No guessing...Chad do u have a Dyno????

ahhhh,... your the one who called,... I saw your caller id on my phone,.. but you left no message... hmmm

call again tonight if you want..

I have access to a dyno,... actually three of them whenever I need

450R_lover
12-05-2007, 03:52 PM

We know this already, Chad. haha Pick mine, pick mine!!! :D

czrider263
12-05-2007, 06:12 PM
HEHE I love chads builds. Not only do his builds throw down big numbers but hes a great guy to work with. You won't be disapointed.

chad502ex
12-05-2007, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by czrider263
HEHE I love chads builds. Not only do his builds throw down big numbers but hes a great guy to work with. You won't be disapointed.

awwww, shuckssss...

thanks......

GIXXER1KR
12-05-2007, 08:02 PM
I got outta work late but i will definately talk with ya.I want to look into my options and prices so i know what to expect for winter tear down costs.Not till after the holidays but its packed away in the garage to be torn down!!!