PDA

View Full Version : not pleased with rath

Sprks450r04
11-28-2007, 04:48 PM
i got my nerfs today and i was not happ in the least bit

1.the bolts they gave me to replace the a-arm bolt both of them did not work with the existing nut so i had to go down to the hardware store and get a new nut and bolt
2. they didnt line up for ****
3. i had to grind down one of the sides of the foot peg and i had to make the hole on 1 side bigger by drilling

on the other had they look great

JenniferRath
11-28-2007, 05:13 PM
Sorry to hear this- wished you would have called. They bolts were suppose to work with stock nuts- I will double check that in the morning.

It would be great if you called tomorrow and explain what you mean by having to grind the foot peg- that way we can take a look on our end to make sure something wasn't packaged wrong.

We do have a check gauge to make sure parts do not fit like **** because we know what a major pain in the butt it is to have to modify parts- we work really hard to make sure that is not an issue.

Shop # 320-234-7223 ask for Jennifer or Daryl :)

Sprks450r04
11-28-2007, 05:21 PM
what i meant by grinding down the peg was i had to grind down the back side of the peg so it could be moved closer to the frame/peg mount to avoid drilling the holes bigger

JenniferRath
11-28-2007, 05:54 PM
If I understand what your saying right...(hard with out a picture)It sounds like you pushed the nerf bar completely onto the rear pro peg mount-tight against the bracket.

If that is right- the nerf bar has some flex in it so you can pull it back a bit to clear the bolts and the mount-

If this isn't what you meant- please take a picture for me so we can make sure there isn't a future issue. Thanks!

Sprks450r04
11-28-2007, 07:35 PM
yes i did pull it back but i still had to make the holes for the bolts to go thru the peg bigger because it didnt line up on both sides

Yee-Haw_400EX
11-29-2007, 12:05 AM
I don't like the looks of the Rath pegs. Why in the world did they make the heel guards out of netting? LMAO.

JenniferRath
11-29-2007, 06:27 AM
We can't expect everyone to like them. We have a customers who love them and some people don't like the looks and aren't intrested in trying them.

It couldn't have been to much of a bad idea since Pro Alum copied the idea and released their own net heelguards - used by Gust and Wimmer last year.

Pappy
11-29-2007, 06:38 AM
Originally posted by Yee-Haw_400EX
I don't like the looks of the Rath pegs. Why in the world did they make the heel guards out of netting? LMAO.

the netted heel gaurds seem to outlast the all aluminum units on the market by a good margin. i see a few hundered sets of nerfs here each season to powder coat and just about all of the heel gaurd units are cracked....add to that the 1000's of sets I see at the races and most folks are unhappy with them due to the cracking issues (easy to understand when riders use the heel gaurd as a footpeg!) I would have to say that the netted gaurds keep people using the pegs instead of the gaurd and this prevents alot of stress related issues and far less cracking.

Flynbryan19
11-29-2007, 08:37 AM
I LOVE the heel guards being netted. I think its a great idea! I just wish they made them for my quad.:(

Sprks450r04
11-29-2007, 09:01 AM
I love the pegs and i feel like the heeguards are not even there because they are made of netting and on top of that they look nasty I was just aggravated that i had to drill/gring to put them on but what are you going to do

lagrassa29
11-29-2007, 11:31 AM
i would liek to congratulate rath on all there great products! from their nerfs to their bumpers and skids!!! i have a kawasaki with all rath components and everything fit just perfect! and in my own opinion i wouldnt want the heel guards ne other way. i have a big boot (13) and if it werent for the netted heel guards i woldnt be able to lean back as much. just my 2 cents keep up the great work rath racing!!!!

spincr4hire
11-29-2007, 12:17 PM
can't wait to get my Rath stuff, along with the new XC a-arms:cool:

spanky101
11-29-2007, 06:58 PM
you should have called rath first, they have first rate customer service and they would have tried to fix this issue!

Sprks450r04
11-29-2007, 07:28 PM
were they gunna come to my house and modify it for me? its done and over with i had to work with what i had and they look awesome and im happy now

08kfx450r
11-29-2007, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by Sprks450r04
were they gunna come to my house and modify it for me? its done and over with i had to work with what i had and they look awesome and im happy now

they could have fixed the issue by possibly sending u new nerfs so u didnt have to start a thread to bash the product

i personally have their nerfs with heel guards and i dont have one complaint. they work great and bolted up with ease...very sturdy, well made product

Sprks450r04
11-29-2007, 07:53 PM
i got them from k and k and i just said that i loved them imnot bashing im just aying that they didnt hve the greatest fitmet

thats all

Rath303
11-30-2007, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by Sprks450r04

haha I think that would have been a long road trip for any of us here. I think what some people were trying to say was that we definitely like to know if a customer is unhappy with our product in order to resolve the issue for you. If you had problems with your mounts or installation we do like to know. We try and watch the forums as closely as possible in order to try and make sure that everyone is happy with our products. I am glad that you are happy with the end results!

Sprks450r04
11-30-2007, 02:16 PM
thank you im glad you are concerned about the cousomers i am happy with the awesome quality of the product and i will continue buy purcase rath products

spanky101
11-30-2007, 08:20 PM
yah, sorry man, i didnt mean to come off as a smartazz or anything. But like rath303 said, they like to know the input oftheir customers and wuld hve tried to make it better with you. im really happy your pleased wit your rath parts, everyone i know is always happy with their products!

Hetrick Racing
12-06-2007, 06:11 AM
We sell a bunch of the Rath product and I wil have to say the fit and finish is one of the best.
You guys may be a little young to remember trying to make a set of any kind of nerfs of the past, fit a 250r.
After you spent an hour forming them to line up strait, then grinding and re-bending all the mount tabs on the darn things, you could say you ready to install a set of nerfs.Two hours later you could go ride.

Things dont always go as expected, like Jennifer said call them, they will always take care of you.

tim colston
12-07-2007, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by walshracer21
haha yeah your probably the guy that thinks elka shocks are the best.. rath is the best handsdown,, take it deep f@ggot

THat is real classy, I personally wouldn't want you to endorse anything that I made.

I like the rath heel guards, the netting idea, anyway.

Pappy
12-07-2007, 01:41 PM
maybe he was fishing for a date:confused:

i agree...low class reply

tim colston
12-07-2007, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
maybe he was fishing for a date:confused:

i agree...low class reply

Did you say fishing or fisting. My screen is blurry?

kyleschonert
12-07-2007, 03:49 PM
Bunch'a whiners in here! Rath stuff is awesome!!! All pro peg style nerfs are a pain to put on, but once you get them on and leave them on for a while they only get easier to put on. Don't come and bash right away! Give them a call and they will be more than happy to help you! And their stuff is tough. And the netter heal guards are awesome. You don't feel them at all unless you need them and then you don't get them caked with mud. Rath stuff is top notch!

rollie
12-08-2007, 10:03 AM
i agree rath is the best out there. i love my rath nerfs and bumper, i love the net heel gaurds, im going on my second season with black ones and i dont even need to get them re powdered, thats saying something about there quality:cool: