did kev finally get one:devil: ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh:blah:

jherbie28
11-28-2007, 04:32 PM
hes gona kill me:p

Pappy
11-28-2007, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by jherbie28
did kev finally get one:devil: ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh:blah:

no, but one did run out in front of his truck, too bad it wasnt big enough to put the first dent in his new truck or he would have run it down...lol

troyleepred719
11-28-2007, 04:59 PM
Whats the count up to now Paps, Jesus, do you guys eat anything besides venison all year? What you take this one with?

Pappy
11-28-2007, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by troyleepred719
Whats the count up to now Paps, Jesus, do you guys eat anything besides venison all year? What you take this one with?

7 off my place, 2 off another farm out of state. shot this one with 30-06 and yes, venison is the main meat in our home

Ghost-Rider
11-28-2007, 05:45 PM
Do you poach ? You have to be out of tags by now lol.

Pappy
11-28-2007, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by Ghost-Rider
Do you poach ? You have to be out of tags by now lol.

poach? no, I am a hunter and do things legal, no need to poach when you know what your doing.

not out of tags either, i can kill one more buck and doe here with rifle, 4 more with muzzleloader and 2 more with a bow. cody can take 1 buck with a rifle, 4 with muzzleloader and 4 with a bow. Ryan can also take 4 and 4 and 4 more with rifle seeing he hasnt killed anything but he usually only hunts youth day. and the wife hasnt hunted but she can take her limit as well if she feels we need more.

the season(rifle) is only in until this saturday but maryland is in for another week yet....muzzleloader comes in next week and then there is a doe only seaosn around christmas. infact, im heading to the eastern shore of maryland tomorrow evening to hunt Sika deer. next week is the last week for rifle in maryland and i can kill as many does as i want (unlimited) and 2 bucks....then until the end of february i can crop damage as many antlerless as i want.

you cant kill them from the couch is my moto;)

Ghost-Rider
11-28-2007, 05:57 PM
You guys must get more tags than us or something. How much land you on ? We have 12 acres and I don't think we can get crop damage permits....I wish.

Pappy
11-28-2007, 06:01 PM
i own 13 acres, but hunt way more then that. i have 110 acres on one farm, 53 on another, 500 on another and 23,000 acres of state land that i can walk to:devil: we wont be going hungry.

and the one farm i hunt in maryland has the crop damage tags....its nothing to shoot 3 or 4 within a few minutes time and at times see 30 or 40 deer in front of you....and out of 2 days hunting there this week i drew ziltch:p when they dont move they dont move:scary:

Ghost-Rider
11-28-2007, 06:09 PM
Yea, I stayed in today, my dad said he saw 7 does. We are still seeing bucks though which is nice this late in the season. But we found blood on one of our sugar beets and a leaf by the pile, Someone injured something:mad:

Still haven't seasoned my brand new black powder rifle :chinese: I need to get on that.

Mxjunkie
11-28-2007, 06:12 PM
Great buck pap! I'll come down and help with some powdercoating for some deer steak, I am sure it's kinda like a paint gun.. :blah: :bandit:

Pappy
11-28-2007, 06:13 PM
Yea, I stayed in today,

Still haven't seasoned my brand new black powder rifle :chinese: I need to get on that.

I think its awesome when people stay in and dont hunt, then they can cry and complain when those of us that put the time and effort in kill deer they dont:eek2: Id prefer people to stay on the couch then to those that leave 45 minutes before dark or are to scared to get to their stand in the dark like the jackazzes i saw saturday and tuesday:grr:

Ghost-Rider
11-28-2007, 06:15 PM
I rather not freeze up in a tree with the extremely cold temps, ice and high winds.

Pappy
11-28-2007, 06:18 PM
I rather not freeze up in a tree with the extremely cold temps, ice and high winds.

This is why I am a hunter;) and why i am successful, the extra mile starts here:macho

cletusEX
11-28-2007, 06:21 PM

It's those kinda of days when you end up killing the big one. I can't count the number of deer or ducks I have killed on those days when it is just plain nasty out. It pays to put in the time.

Ghost-Rider
11-28-2007, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by cletusEX
It's those kinda of days when you end up killing the big one. I can't count the number of deer or ducks I have killed on those days when it is just plain nasty out. It pays to put in the time.

I will go out in the weather, snow ice rain whatever, but the high winds are what get me. Can't stand trying to listen for deer over the damn wind. And I'm not to worried. I'm not shooting anything smaller than a 6 pt and No does, We eat the meat but we don't eat it everyday or anything, we usually get it made into hunter sticks, jerky and some burger.

Pappy
11-28-2007, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by cletusEX

amen!

i learned that when i was 14. i woke up and it was bone freezing cold out, wind howling 90 mph and it wasnt fit to be outdoors. my uncle came to the farm and asked if i was ready to go and i said no. he sat in my stand and shot a huge 8 point:p from that day on, there is no real excuse for me not to hunt. in 2005 i was still so sick i couldnt walk straight yet managed to drag my *** to the stand and kill the biggest racked buck of my life in a wind storm with temps in the single digits. if anyone has to ask why i would do that, any explaination i could give you would fall on deaf ears.

anything in life requires effort and determination and does not always equal success....but you never quit:macho

Ghost-Rider
11-28-2007, 06:35 PM
I hear ya, but it's kind of the opposite here, tend to never see anything on those real bad days.

MOFO
11-29-2007, 04:34 AM

LOL, I can't help but to laugh at this one. Boy - have things changed.

When I was younger, we would be up in a tree well before sun rise, sleet, rain, snow, single digit temps...whatever. Heck, I'm sure they could be calling for a tornado and my father would have us out there with him - bright an early.

You need to learn how to hunt in those elements! Thats part of hunting!

If its cold, learn how to dress better but yet be able to move and shoot well.
If its wet out, learn how to dress to stay dry, but yet be able to hunt.
...etc.

Hunting is more than just finding a spot and being able to shoot a rifle 50-100 yards.

400exrider707
11-29-2007, 05:53 AM
After seeing all the deer you guys get and the size of them, it makes me realize even more how much NY state hunting SUCKS!!! We only get but a few tags each, and the lucky ones get a doe permit... I got a doe tag this year by accident, they didn't send out enough the first go around, so they pulled names and sent some out, I managed to get one, though it doesn't matter since we dont see any deer to shoot. My father, me and my brother are all empty handed as of now, this is a first. My dad who usually doesn't shoot any small bucks (leaves them for me and my brother) said he will shoot the first big doe that he sees because it is that bad, and our game freezer is looking mighty empty.

Pappy
11-29-2007, 06:15 AM
that sucks 07...i remeber those days very well. the state of maryland created a virtual deer hotspot all over the state with all those housing developments. the deer have just exploded everywhere.

wv is doing well, but can still be hard hunting in alot of areas. i have worked my hind end off creating a place deer want to be here and it is paying off!!

Pappy
12-01-2007, 07:56 AM
now adding a Sika Doe to the freezer:D had a great time hunting in a totally different enviroment for an animal that ive never hunted before! was so windy i could barely hand onto the stand:D

250x_kyle
12-01-2007, 09:54 AM
nice pappy i got an 11 point white tail up here in pa but it only had an 12.5 inch spread. cutting it up tonight been hanging in teh shed for a day or two. crappy quaility pic but it will work for now.
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f134/needanewquad/11point.jpg

Pappy
12-01-2007, 10:31 AM
great job!!!!

jesseweaver
12-01-2007, 06:13 PM
ive always hunted a lot, too. im 15, so i can still hunt in the Jr. hunt, for doe. and during that, i sat in the stand all day, with it pouring nonstop, didnt see anything. on the opening day of rifle, it poured all day, didnt see anything, tuesday then it was windy, but not really bad, didnt see anything though. today i was out at my uncles place, in the stand all day, and i got pretty cold, and once again i didnt see anything. were going next friday and saturday for the last 2 days of rifle, and the weathers not looking too good then either. hunting in PA sucks. i just hope i at least see a deer this year.

250x_kyle
12-01-2007, 07:11 PM
i didnt see anything last year and i got that 11 point and a big doe by the end of the third day this season. i was trying to kick something up to my dad when the 11 point jumped up. im 16 though so i can legaly hunt by myself.