PDA

View Full Version : Just got a sweet deal on a quad!

Flyin-Low
11-28-2007, 03:46 PM
Here she is.. either an 06 or 07 KVF700 Team Green Ltd. Edition. The kid beat the piss out of this quad and locked the engine up because he never changed the oil, he only had it for 6 months and went through two sets of tires (believe it or not those WERE Mudzillas :rolleyes: ) and managed to roll it on the road trying to do a reverse wheelie.

Picked it up real cheap and cant wait to dig into the engine... Apparently it still will start but knocks heavily, battery is currently dead though.

Payed 3200 for the quad + some itp sandstars and all of the stock parts from it.. I was already told by the dealer that they will pay from 6500-7500 for it in good condition.

07250ex
11-28-2007, 03:48 PM
yeh but its not in good condition ruined engine and it was beat on

416exfreak
11-28-2007, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by 07250ex
yeh but its not in good condition ruined engine and it was beat on

Its called restoration.;)

pro-rider46
11-28-2007, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by 416exfreak
Its called restoration.;)

haha. lol

Flynbryan19
11-28-2007, 03:57 PM
I can't believe they'll pay you that much for it....... But, if they will more power to ya. Good luck with it.

416exfreak
11-28-2007, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Flynbryan19
I can't believe they'll pay you that much for it....... But, if they will more power to ya. Good luck with it.

Its a limited edition quad. I didnt even know there was a quad like that. So, it must be somewhat rare.

Martin, do you plan on fixing it and selling it?

trx400EXtreme
11-28-2007, 04:07 PM
hhmmmmmm, thats a pretty unique quad. good luck with it.

Flyin-Low
11-28-2007, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by 416exfreak
Its a limited edition quad. I didnt even know there was a quad like that. So, it must be somewhat rare.

Martin, do you plan on fixing it and selling it?

Yeah I will probably have it fixed up within the next few weeks, and then ride it for the winter and decide whether or not to sell it in the spring.. I kinda want a 4x4 anyway.

-Martin

Flyin-Low
11-28-2007, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by Flynbryan19

You have to remember that I am in Canada, quads are more expensive here in general. I think he told me he payed $9999 for it new, plus tax.

-Martin

Ghost-Rider
11-28-2007, 04:20 PM
Bad engine knock eh ? The recon had that, lack of oil, cylinder + piston = trash.

Ended up getting a larger bore and piston, all back together now and the engine sounds great. We're gonna get it broke in and then sell it since I have the 300 now.

400exrider989
11-28-2007, 05:49 PM
i sure hope you know how much its going to be to replace that engine ..
4 strokesarnt cheap and a twin cylinder isnt going to be fun
unless you plan on doing it yourself you looking at 3 grand to replace everything up top
take it to the dealship your looking at 4

if you ask me .. not much of a deal

kawiefan
11-28-2007, 05:59 PM
we had that on one of our mojaves. the guy we bought it from never changed the oil and it destroyed the motor. metal shavings whiped the cam and the cam journals so the head was shot. you could move the con rod up and down like 1/8 of an inch. when we bought it we let it sit there and idle and it sounded like someone took a hammer to it. ate out all the bearings in the tranny.

hope yours aint as bad as ours was

Flyin-Low
11-28-2007, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by 400exrider989
i sure hope you know how much its going to be to replace that engine ..
4 strokesarnt cheap and a twin cylinder isnt going to be fun
unless you plan on doing it yourself you looking at 3 grand to replace everything up top
take it to the dealship your looking at 4

if you ask me .. not much of a deal

I can't see it being even close to three grand.. maybe if I bought a new engine? But oh well, I'll find out when I take it apart.

Since it runs and all.. and the dealer said it will probably be around 700 bucks to fix I don't think I'll break 1000 into the engine.

-Martin

400exrider707
11-28-2007, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by Flyin-Low
I can't see it being even close to three grand.. maybe if I bought a new engine? But oh well, I'll find out when I take it apart.

Since it runs and all.. and the dealer said it will probably be around 700 bucks to fix I don't think I'll break 1000 into the engine.

-Martin

I agree, cant be anywhere close to $3K. Saying its going to cost that much because its a 4-stroke tells me you haven't done any work on four-strokes.