PDA

View Full Version : Some input from the brothers.

Pvt. Maggot
11-28-2007, 02:56 PM
Hey guys,

So the question on most peoples mind after highschool, is too further their education, and what field to do it in. I am an auto mechanic by trade, But I want to have something to back me up, i've been highly unsatisfied in the video games around lately. Also been seeing alot of things on schooling for video game creating, and whatnot. Anyone ever gone to school for this? I have ideas for games I know everyone would like, but how is the job market for this career? Just looking for some input from you guys! thanks!

Some details of an idea of a racing game I had.

An in dept racing game, That treads into all types of racing, 4x4 trucks, muscle cars, atv's, dirtbikes, ect. An all out modification part, where you can build every detail of your vehicle, say you had a 4x4 truck, can build the motor from the block up, any type of suspension lift, body lift, if its sfa you can do sas's, atvs can build the motor, a-arms, swinger, ect. very detailed. Any type of terrain from sand dunes, to rocks, drag strips, anything! just a very detailed racing game that nobody has come through with yet!

416exfreak
11-28-2007, 02:58 PM
Make it for PS2 and ill buy it. Im not dropping the coin on a new game system. I dont play them enough.:ermm:

250xridamatt
11-28-2007, 03:01 PM
It would be a little tough to make a game like that for ps2. It seems to me like that game would take tons and tons of time to produce, similar to the new grand turismo game.

416exfreak
11-28-2007, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by 250xridamatt
It would be a little tough to make a game like that for ps2. It seems to me like that game would take tons and tons of time to produce, similar to the new grand turismo game.

How would it be tough?

Are you reffering to Gran Turismo 4? or have they made a new one?

GT4 was the shizz.:devil:

Pvt. Maggot
11-28-2007, 05:23 PM
Anyone else have any input?

Bradracer18
11-28-2007, 06:07 PM
I would most definitely pursue some type of education, after high school. Its coming to that era where you need some education, to get most any job(or it helps accelerate you in other that you don't need the education).

Possibly look into majors that you like.....If you are interested in computers and such, maybe look into computer engineering or computer science.

ida400ex
11-28-2007, 06:16 PM
i always thought it would be cool if there was an in depth racing game. one that has mx, freestyle, and mudboging.

250xridamatt
11-28-2007, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by 416exfreak
How would it be tough?

Are you reffering to Gran Turismo 4? or have they made a new one?

GT4 was the shizz.:devil:

I am talking about the new one that isn't out yet. It has taken a very long time to get the game done, and they even decreased the number of cars from the last game because of time.

There is a limit on what you can do with the ps2. You can do a lot more with the new systems.

416exfreak
11-28-2007, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by 250xridamatt
I am talking about the new one that isn't out yet. It has taken a very long time to get the game done, and they even decreased the number of cars from the last game because of time.

There is a limit on what you can do with the ps2. You can do a lot more with the new systems.

Yea, but alot of people (like me) wont drop the coin needed for a new system because we just dont play the games that much.;)

Robin Hood
11-28-2007, 07:26 PM
You can definitely go to school for video game design. There's a school around here called Gibb's (sp?) that my younger brother might look into when he's of age.

400exrider707
11-28-2007, 07:33 PM
If they could make a game like that it would probably already be done. The problem is by the time they made a game like that they'd never make money on it, if they could even fit all that into one game. Thats a LOT of stuff to create! There would be too much money wrapped up in the game. They'd never make a profit.

ZeroLogic
11-28-2007, 07:48 PM
I'd go into another trade if I were you. They always need more workers for trades. If you learn how to work machines such as backhoes or along thoses lines you could get some nice $$ especially if you go to school for it. Plus if you know how to fix them you could save a lot of money.