PDA

View Full Version : proper way 2 break in a crf 230 f

ZMAN
11-08-2002, 06:20 PM
guys with dirtbikes i just want to know if u break them in the same way as quads and if not tell me how:confused: :confused:

YZROOSTINYA
11-08-2002, 06:48 PM
if i were to break in the bike, I would srart it and ride for about 10 mins after warming it up for about a min or two at no more than half throttle for about 10 mins. trying to use1- 2-3 gears throughout a 1/3-1/2 of its rpm range. I would let the bike cool completely. do the same thing again being SLIGHTY more aggressive. let cool completely. 1 more time for good luck being a little more aggressive.

personally i would prob drop the oil and put in some gn-4 10w-40

warm it up agin and start geting into 4th at mid throttle riding for 20 mins or so. do agiain getting into 5th 3/4 throttle but not lugging the moor or holding the throttle for extended periods. cool and warm again for 30-60 mins gettiing into 5th start using short periods of fith at full throttle and the other gears as well.

by the time you havw about 5-6 hous on the bike you can ride th e ike pretty aggressively and after 10 givei it all its got.

i throw a fan on the motor after i pull it back in the garage since its aircooled. i think that heat cycles are more important than time.

and at 10 hours drop the oil again