PDA

View Full Version : cams

badpsd
11-27-2007, 06:09 PM
i went to my dealer and asked service advisor if i should put a cam in my ltr he said that if i put a cam in it. it will affect my low end allot. and that the best cam for it is the stock one.
i am trying to get more low end out of it.
i have a yoshi slip on and a yoshi pim. 13t sprocket

spanky101
11-27-2007, 07:46 PM
cam companies putout cams to make certain power in certain places, like hot cams has multiple models of cams, like one will produce power in the low end, others in the highend, etc. Just look into different cam companies and look for some dyno sheets

LTR450_#67
11-28-2007, 12:27 AM
The dealer service advisor is talking about the exhaust cam. If you want to run stock compression go with just an intake cam. If decide you want to go with an aftermarket set of cams you should bump up the compression to at least 13.5:1 to keep the bottom end strong. What type of riding do you do?

Aaron

FUELATV
11-28-2007, 10:19 AM
There will be a full cam test on the HQ site in a few weeks. The cams are being tested on a 2007 LTR450 with a Dasa pipe, FUELATV intake and power commander. We will be running Hot cams intake cam and exhaust cam, Dasa mild intake cam and exhaust cam, Dasa race grind intake cam and exhaust cam, Crower intake cam with stock exhaust cam and ATP/crower intake cam with stock exhaust cam. There will be a couple combos in there that will add more HP all the way throught the powerband without any loss on bottom end.

badpsd
11-28-2007, 04:34 PM
i ride at the dunes and trail riding mostly.