PDA

View Full Version : Side cover gasket

Jaybird
11-27-2007, 05:40 PM
Hey Guys, I have the right side cover off the TY125 to replace the clutch and just realized I have no gasket. Does anyone know what I can get from the Honda dealer that will work?

Also, Tired of waiting for the CR3 springs, I have heard that KX 65 springs would work, anybody try this?

Thanks!!
Brian

YZ120
11-27-2007, 07:04 PM
i dony know what kx65 springs(suppost to work) i tried them from an 03 and they are not even close(unless i was sold the wrong springs)

i am waiting for springs also,i will call xtreme again tomorrow.

Jaybird
11-28-2007, 05:01 PM
I called today and they now have the springs in stock.
Brian

YZ120
11-28-2007, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by Jaybird
I called today and they now have the springs in stock.
Brian

thats funny i called and they didnt know when they would be in,
but they said they would call me when available.

who did you talk to?
thanks

Jaybird
11-28-2007, 06:53 PM
I should have wrote her name down, She was very helpfull. maybe it was Deanna or Dianna. Can't remember but I'm pretty sure it started with a D. She said they came in Monday and I should have them by Tuesday of next week. I put a set of EBC trx 90 fibers in today and scuffed the stock steels. Just waiting on a gasket and springs.
Brian

Jaybird
11-29-2007, 12:45 PM
Delana was her name!

YZ120
11-29-2007, 03:46 PM
call xtreme today and they said they only got a few set and are now out and dont have an ETA.

Jaybird
12-11-2007, 06:29 AM
Just an update, Got the TRX 90 fibers in, the CR3 springs, scuffed the factory steels, installed the race cam and a 14t sprocket. This little thing rips now! The clutch will not slip even with me on it. The cam/sprocket change made a big difference, you can really see it pulling harder on holeshots and up hills.

Also, if the starter starts to free-wheel don't keep riding and use the kicker. The sprocket on the starter exploded and after a few minutes pieces of it got jammed in between the flywheel and stator and locked the motor up. It also ruined the starter chain.
I was able to rob parts from the Sun-L junker and get him going.
Brian

leager-n-ky
01-08-2008, 06:30 PM
hey guy's what are cr3 springs, are they from another bike, or extreme?? I'm getting ready to do a clutch swap, and from what i have been reading I need trx 90 fibers, extreme stock steels, and these cr3 springs and that will fix our slipping, Is that still the best solution????

Jaybird
01-09-2008, 06:23 AM
Yea, the CR3 springs are from an Extreme Pit bike. I have the full setup, race cam and a UNI filter I would sell if you are interested. They have probably 2 tanks of gas on them. My son broke the crank in that motor so I dont need them any more.
Brian

leager-n-ky
01-09-2008, 08:27 AM
hey thanks, i just did order everything this morning though.