PDA

View Full Version : westmoreland

smr
11-27-2007, 06:40 AM
who's going. I still havn' t hilled up from Cadiz so I don't know if I will get to race.

Scro
11-27-2007, 07:21 AM
I'll be there. What happened at Cadiz?

JCoop
11-27-2007, 08:03 AM
I will be there, looking forward to it. Take it easy on me this week Dustin.

smr
11-27-2007, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by Scro
I'll be there. What happened at Cadiz?

I jammed my thumb pretty bad. I havn't even been able to push a thumb throttle till this weekend. It's getting better but I don't know if I'll be ready by the weekend.

Scro
11-27-2007, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by smr
I jammed my thumb pretty bad. I havn't even been able to push a thumb throttle till this weekend. It's getting better but I don't know if I'll be ready by the weekend.

Hope it gets better man.

Jared, I will be on a brand new quad that I've never rode before unloading it on Sunday...stock exhaust at that...I don't want to here any excuses outta you:p The balls in your court:blah:

Plus you can count on leaving the line before me...damn electric start:mad:

JCoop
11-27-2007, 11:23 AM
Uh-Oh, what did you get?? Don't tell me you gave up hope on your kicker!?! lol. I will look you up before the race starts man. See ya there.

Scro
11-27-2007, 12:13 PM
I haven't given up on the kicker, I just figured it was time for a new machine. It will look pretty much the same. I swapped all the good stuff from my other one to this one. If I knew I would have time, I would put the kicker on it. But I don't want to take any chances right before the race.

Only one looking up will be me. How tall are you?:eek2:

JCoop
11-27-2007, 01:41 PM
Yea that makes sense....well I guess you will get to break the new one in right. lol

ha ha I tell you what, I am too tall to be racing these damn things. :rolleyes

I am 6'7", I look really funny on one, but I like riding quads too much to quit.

Talk to you later buddy.

fastredrider44
11-27-2007, 07:48 PM
I feel ya. I'm 6'4". A slight disadvantage to most of my buddies who aren't quite 6 foot. I'll be there. Looking foward to it.

JAKE YATES
11-29-2007, 06:57 AM
I ALSO KNOW HOW YOU GUYS FEEL 5'7'' HAHA!!!! I WILL BE THERE HOPEING FOR NO MORE RAIN, I RUN THE BUDDY RACE LAST WEEKEND AND IT WAS A MUD BOGG!!!!!!!!!!!

Scro
11-29-2007, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by JAKE YATES
I ALSO KNOW HOW YOU GUYS FEEL 5'7'' HAHA!!!! I WILL BE THERE HOPEING FOR NO MORE RAIN, I RUN THE BUDDY RACE LAST WEEKEND AND IT WAS A MUD BOGG!!!!!!!!!!!

I believe it is supposed to be raining Sunday:ermm:

JAKE YATES
11-29-2007, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by Scro
I believe it is supposed to be raining Sunday:ermm:

I HOPE NOT IT WAS A MUDD FEST THERE LAST YEAR........

smr
11-29-2007, 08:28 AM
looks like rain

JAKE YATES
11-29-2007, 08:33 AM
THAT SUCKS BUT MAYBE IT WILL HOLD OFF TILL AFTER THE RACE.

JCoop
11-29-2007, 08:33 AM
Harold, is that forecast for Westmoreland? The reason I ask is weather.com is showing only a 40% chance of T-Storms for Sunday.

Scro
11-29-2007, 09:01 AM
I wish I could have went into meteorology. Everything is so vague and different from one forecaster to another, seems like you can't be wrong:p

JCoop
11-29-2007, 09:50 AM
Well if Harolds weather forecast is showing 70% and weather.com is showing 40% maybe it will be right in the middle of those two. So I am guessing 55% chance of rain.

How does that sound??:D

Either way there is no way it could be any worse then last year. I believe it rained 2 days straight before the race and was like 30 degrees outside. It was miserable!

You still going , Dustin, if it rains?

Scro
11-29-2007, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by JCoop
Well if Harolds weather forecast is showing 70% and weather.com is showing 40% maybe it will be right in the middle of those two. So I am guessing 55% chance of rain.

How does that sound??:D

Either way there is no way it could be any worse then last year. I believe it rained 2 days straight before the race and was like 30 degrees outside. It was miserable!

You still going , Dustin, if it rains?

Yeah I will be there. I usually do better in the mud runs. What's a new quad if you're not gonna get it muddy:confused:

smr
11-29-2007, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by JCoop
Harold, is that forecast for Westmoreland? The reason I ask is weather.com is showing only a 40% chance of T-Storms for Sunday.

that forecast is from Bowling Green Ky. It looked to me like it was closer than Nashville.

Either way, the chances of rain are gonna be good..:D

I am thinking about racing my wifes 300ex...it does good in the mud.

Scro
11-29-2007, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by smr
that forecast is from Bowling Green Ky. It looked to me like it was closer than Nashville.

Either way, the chances of rain are gonna be good..:D

I am thinking about racing my wifes 300ex...it does good in the mud.

As long as you return it clean she probably won't mind:p

Scro
12-03-2007, 06:38 AM
Did any of you see the incident at the redlight after you leave Westmoreland? I was sitting in the turning lane with 3 cars ahead of me. All of a sudden, the second car which was an Expedition, just floors it and rams the first car in line. The car stop the Expedition, but it is sitting there just spinning both tires, smoke going everywhere.

Well it turns out the guy in the third car was the son of the driver of the Expedition. He goes up to the window of the Ex. and just starts hitting the window trying to break it.

I get out to see what the hell was going on. I get up there and it was a little boy about 4 years old and his dad driving. The dad was having a seizure or heart attack or something, and had tensed up with his foot on the gas.

So I start panicking. I go back to my truck to find anything that we could break out the window with. The only thing I had was a case half of a motor. I go back and beat on this window for probably 5 or 10 minutes, and never did get it to break. The whole time I was doing this I could see the little boy crying and hittin his dad tryin to get him to wake up...it was pretty intense. At this point I could still see the guy shaking.

Finally a guy came over with a hammer, and the glass finally broke. Keep in mind that the whole time, it was pouring down rain, both tires spinning, smoke going everywhere. One of the tires actually blew at one point, and I'm pretty sure the motor locked up right before we got the window broke. Everything just happened so quick.

By the time we got in, the guy had stopped breathing and shaking, and was just as limp as could be.:( I go back to my truck, and as I'm gettin in I look back and I see the cops pull up and check the guy, and they just turned their back on him. It was just sad seeing the guy dying there in front of his two kids and not being able to do anything about it. I feel like I did the best I could though:(

Scro
12-03-2007, 07:25 AM
But other than that, the race went pretty good. Came in fourth a minute behind third, 1:10 behind second, 14 MINUTES BEHIND FIRST! THAT IS FREAKING REDICULOUS! He finished 18th overall and had a better time that half the pro class:ermm:

JCoop
12-03-2007, 07:28 AM
Dustin, I was pulling up to the stop light as the smoke was going everywhere. I didn't know what was going on but with all the smoke I though it was a terrible accident. Then I am pretty sure I saw you and I had thought you had wrecked. That is very unfortunate. You did everything you could do to help out, God had other plans for that guy. Glad to hear you are okay though buddy.

Scro
12-03-2007, 07:33 AM
Yeah it was a pretty tough ride home after that, didn't get any sleep once I did get home. I couldn't imagine being the guys son.

JCoop
12-03-2007, 08:01 AM
Yea the guy finishing 18th overall in our class is pretty crazy. I don't know about that, kind of makes me wonder why I am even racing if crap like that will happen. If he continues to do that I might as well jump up to B class to get away from the sandbaggers in C. Plus it might help racing with faster guys.

So Dustin you going to Loretta's lol? I need some one to ride with, thinking about breaking out the helmet cam for this ride, need to get some good footage of you dusting me.

Scro
12-03-2007, 08:04 AM
Racing with faster guys will defiantely make you faster;) But hell it doesn't matter if they are 14 minutes ahead of you:p I'm still up in the air about this weekend. Did you say it was on Sat. or Sun.?

duke416ex
12-03-2007, 08:09 AM
We came up on the wreck, I am sorry to hear about that. Bad deal!! Atleast you did what you could to help.

Track did hold up good, had my best race of the season, not a good class finish but a much better overall.

JCoop
12-03-2007, 08:17 AM
Its on Sunday. Go to this website and it will give you the details. www.southernwoodsrider.com

Scro
12-03-2007, 08:42 AM
That does sound fun. I will let you know later on in the week.

JCoop
12-03-2007, 08:53 AM
Sounds good buddy.

fastredrider44
12-03-2007, 10:43 AM
I saw the wreck too. Thanks for clearing it up, we had no idea what had happened. I got third in my class, 16-20 C. One of Yokely's relatives or something like that was in my class, and protested holding us up about 15 minutes. The guy in ya'lls class that finished 18th overall... He's not sandbagging, He's not that good. I'd say he found a place to cut the course, and it turned out to be a lot faster than he thought it was. That's rediculous!

Scro
12-03-2007, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by fastredrider44
I saw the wreck too. Thanks for clearing it up, we had no idea what had happened. I got third in my class, 16-20 C. One of Yokely's relatives or something like that was in my class, and protested holding us up about 15 minutes. The guy in ya'lls class that finished 18th overall... He's not sandbagging, He's not that good. I'd say he found a place to cut the course, and it turned out to be a lot faster than he thought it was. That's rediculous!

Time will tell when the laptimes are posted. But there were several places on the track that could have easily been cut. Can you still protest after the race?

JAKE YATES
12-03-2007, 11:12 AM
I DONT THINK YOU CAN PROTEST AFTER THE RACE

duke416ex
12-03-2007, 11:14 AM
I don't think you can protest the race now, but you can email Scott and he will check into it.

smr
12-03-2007, 11:31 AM
the protest period is over but you can e-mail Scott. I don't think he will do anything but warn the guy at this point but atleast he will know they are watching him.

JCoop
12-05-2007, 02:53 PM
Hey Dustin clean out your inbox.....

fastredrider44
12-05-2007, 03:06 PM
They fixed that guy's time online. It did say that he ran a 25 min lap on the third lap, but now it says 37 or something like that.

Scro
12-05-2007, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by fastredrider44
They fixed that guy's time online. It did say that he ran a 25 min lap on the third lap, but now it says 37 or something like that.

Yeah, I got to thinking about it. I scanned in third at the end of the race, but was bumped back to fourth on board. I asked Scott about this at the race, and he said that the guy that came it first had been scanned wrong or something. It had messed everything up. I guess that's why the board showed him being 18th overall.

IOWAracer
12-06-2007, 09:53 AM
Sorry to chime in but I was curious bout the race this weekend, I dont have my race quad together so I was thinking of racing the 250 is there a sport class in the Mid-South series?

And what does the series require to race is it AMA sanctioned?

Thanks

Broc Bromley

JAKE YATES
12-06-2007, 09:55 AM
IT IS AMA BUT I DONT THINK THEY HAVE A SPORTSMAN BUT HERES THE WEB SITE (MSWS.ORG)