PDA

View Full Version : hmf or tc??

wayfastwhitey69
11-27-2007, 04:24 AM
which is a better pipe a full system hmf or a full tc?

Fenix169motox
12-03-2007, 04:57 PM
hmf of tc? i'd heard some good and bad things about hmf, never ran one myself but i have a tc, they're really torquey and everything but it gets annoyingly loud, its really sweet at first but i've had it for almost a year and its just too loud for me anymore. what kinda quad you got?

400exrider707
12-03-2007, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Fenix169motox
hmf of tc? i'd heard some good and bad things about hmf, never ran one myself but i have a tc, they're really torquey and everything but it gets annoyingly loud, its really sweet at first but i've had it for almost a year and its just too loud for me anymore. what kinda quad you got?

What TC do you have? Probably an older shorty, which is no longer available. The new TC systems are quite a bit more expensive than an HMF full. What bad things have you heard about HMF systems? I've personally used HMF and never had a problem, and the same goes for a LOT of members on here. I haven't heard a bad thing about HMF the entire time I've been a member, which is why I'm asking. I'd go HMF no questions asked in this case, since the TC is very expensive. $700+

Fenix169motox
12-04-2007, 12:26 PM
yeah dude i have a way old tc stubby, im way to outa the loop of racing, just thought i'd help.

and i just heart that hmf are weak pipes. like not as much power as you can get out of the engine.

400exrider707
12-04-2007, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by Fenix169motox
yeah dude i have a way old tc stubby, im way to outa the loop of racing, just thought i'd help.

and i just heart that hmf are weak pipes. like not as much power as you can get out of the engine.

The HMF comes highly recommended by a LOT of members on here. If you check out the Dyno section on here, you will find a slip-on shootout for a nearly stock 400EX and the HMF was by far the most impressive, however I dont think the TC was included. It is a "race only" exhaust and is too loud IMO for anything but. Obviously it is also too loud for racing purposes now as it is discontinued, and they sell a longer can with silencer disks. You can check it out at supertrapp.com they dont try to hide it anymore that its a rebadged supertrapp.