PDA

View Full Version : Reeds worth the money?

250ex2003
11-26-2007, 10:11 PM
Are reeds worth the money? I see the v force seem to be the most popular and expensive. Whats gains will you get from a set? Ive ran boyeson in some old dirt bikes in the past. How do they stack up against the v force?

RagunCajun
11-27-2007, 05:44 PM
v force are the the vast majority run in banshees. It isnt so much as a hp thing, it's more of a throttle response issue. They help that and they let it take air in better. It's worth the money. It helps the bike breathe.

bloodmoney23
11-27-2007, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by RagunCajun
v force are the the vast majority run in banshees. It isnt so much as a hp thing, it's more of a throttle response issue. They help that and they let it take air in better. It's worth the money. It helps the bike breathe.

Exactly what he said. and if u need new ones go with better than stock. Ive noticed more people that continuously run the stock reeds get more topend seizes and stuff. and its caused generally from a jacked up stock reed.

criminalpoet
11-29-2007, 05:18 PM
A friend of mine switched from the V-Force 2 reed valves on his Banshee to the G-3 reed valves and got significant power/powerband/throttle response gains over the V-Force units. But be prepared to go up 1-3 main jet sizes from the stock units. Also the G-3 units are nice because they are made from polished billet alluminum and come with reed spacers too. I just have never liked anything on my motor that was made out of plastic.

I personally run the G-3s on my 89 TRX 250R and I ran them on a built Blaster that I had too, they perform surprisingly well considering that their just reed valves.

loboboy
12-01-2007, 02:42 PM
no matter which reeds you go with it will make a difference. I personally have used the V-Force reeds for the last 8 years I have owned a Banshee and I would not use anything else. I know they are an expensive investement but well worth the money.

RagunCajun
12-01-2007, 04:37 PM
1-3 sizes on just reeds....that's kind hard to believe. Like with every engine mod, just rejet if needed. I cant comment on any performance gains because i got them with the bike.