PDA

View Full Version : ac or pro armor?

wizzade
11-26-2007, 07:45 PM
Should I get the ac blackline pro nerfs or the black pro armor fatpeg nerfs? I like the looks of the ac nerfs better, but I heard they were hard to install. Has anyone had any experience installing these? How hard are they to install? and most important... Which is more durable?

11-26-2007, 07:47 PM
my brothers AC black line are bent and paint has chipped of them but they feel more sturdy when stepping on the ends than my pro armors but i like the feel and looks of my pro armors

honda8&3
11-26-2007, 07:50 PM
Pro Armor IMO. But if you want to spend the money BLINGSTAR or IMS:cool: Expensive but definetly worth every penny!:devil:

11-26-2007, 08:09 PM
yeah my nerf bars has been through a few rolls and nothing bent. in fact nothing on my quad got damaged from flipping it off a cliff and then time i tried to do the 1st ever front flip (just kidding it was like casing a landing real hard and the quad front flipped and only broke little tabs whee the light mounts but i fixed it) my handle bars ar still straight as an arrow and so are my nerf bars and they have been through some rough stuff. I guess its all personl preference

smorris1
11-26-2007, 08:12 PM
I like AC personally.

drew416ex
11-26-2007, 08:42 PM
I have the bare aluminum ac propegs and love them. Have been run into many times and havnt bent them yet. It took all of 15minuts to install.

hornetgod13
11-26-2007, 09:01 PM
I have a set of AC Black Line Pro Peg Nerfs on my quad. They look great and survived two tumbles down some pretty steep hills with only a few scratches however, they were a pain in the @$$ to install. They just don't line up. I had to bend, curse, and pry to get them to bolt up.

440challenger
11-27-2007, 06:24 AM
I have the ac nerfs. Black paint is gone... My boot gets stuck between the heel gaurd and the frame...had to use a 4ft pry abr to get them to line up with two people(common with any AC product). But you know what,for the money...you cant beat what they are and the look.

If you want good nerfs...get soem RATH racing ones.

Hondabeefast
11-27-2007, 08:08 AM
PRO ARMOR ALL THE WAY!!!!!

i love my pro armors, way better than the rattly (POS) ac's i had,
The pro armors bolted right up with no frustrations

400funex
11-27-2007, 09:33 PM
My AC's weren't too hard to install, I had to ream out one hole just a tiny bit. Other then that it was easy. My father-in-law bought the same ones and his went on-no problem, luck of the draw I guess. They seem real solid, and I'm happy with them.

11-28-2007, 01:21 PM
All o fmy friends have had succes with ac except for one but they were used so idk. They seem very sturdy and look nice.

j450rking
11-28-2007, 11:27 PM
i had the pro peg ac's and they took me and my dad an hour to put on and then i got some blacklines and the only took about a half hour if that for just me to put on so i geuss it's just who made them at ac. ps the black blacklines i do believe are powder coated not painted just so you know

Malcman
12-01-2007, 03:23 PM
I'm in the middle of installing my AC propegs and they don't line up worth a *%&, hopefully they stand up with more luck then the install is.

zrpilot
12-01-2007, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Hondabeefast
PRO ARMOR ALL THE WAY!!!!!

i love my pro armors, way better than the rattly (POS) ac's i had,
The pro armors bolted right up with no frustrations

ME TOO!

I sold a perfect set of AC's because I COULD NOT STAND the rattling the aluminum heel guards made!!!!!

They were so bad I failed noise inspections because of them!

mittman
12-01-2007, 04:20 PM
i had no problem with my ac's they mounted up fine but i wish i would of got blingstars

Unverfehrt400ex
12-02-2007, 04:41 PM
ive only seen bad things from ac. hard to install, tend to rattle a lot after some hard use and just dont seen near as sturdy to me. i love the pro armors though. not too bad to install and really hold up to a lot of abuse.

wizzade
12-02-2007, 06:45 PM
looks like im going to go with the pro armor nerfs, Thnk you for all of the input.