PDA

View Full Version : help 04 raptor water in motor!!!!!

thebigsd
11-26-2007, 12:11 PM
well we went ridin yesterday my little brothers bike wasnt registerd so we took my oldest brothers 04 raptor and we were heading back to the truck and my little brother never showed up so we were sittin there when i could hear screaming long story short my little brother came up and over a hill and went off about a 30 foot cliff into about 8 feet of water it was pretty bad comin up and over a hill to see my brothers four wheeler floating in the middle of the pond so we got the truck and pulled the wheeler out i drained all the oil out of the crank water was in there i then pulled the spark plug tipped the bike upside down brakin the clutch lever in the process we let all the water drain out of the cylinder turned it over a couple times to get the water out and brought it home what should i do next ive never experienced this and im a little lost on what i should do next any help would really be appreciated thank you

cbr929rr
11-26-2007, 01:13 PM
i have sunk mine but never had water in the crankcase, I would recomend draining gas, cleaning carb and air filter, new spark plug. I have researched this before and have read one here that people mix atv oil with mystery oil or kerosene and crank the motor without a spark plug, you could use regular atv oil or dare to be dangerous and use car oil the first and second time but you will have to change that oil a minimum of three or four times until there is no milky apperance. After that is acomplished you will need to refill with atv oil and ride a short time 30 minutes and change again while it's still warm. This should rid the crankcase of any water and preserve the bottom end.
If the bike did not stall quickly after submarineing(not a real word)you may have bent a valve or rod from hydrolocking the cylinder. I hope you make out well. Also check all your electrical connections because this was not a puddle you flew through.

redrocker
11-26-2007, 02:06 PM
buy cheap oil and run it till warm
then drain do this until the oil is
not milky looking than put in your
reg. oil
p.s. pull the oil filter when doing
this or one a new one in than change
out when oil is not milky

Hammer trx450r
11-26-2007, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by redrocker