PDA

View Full Version : HELP! building a GNCC Outlaw

wilts42
11-26-2007, 08:10 AM
hello fellows i just need to information from the ones that have raced this bike and know what is the hot set up.

I just bought Steph Parton's 2007 outlaw race bike that she rode this year at the GNCC. The bike has alot of racer things done to it but im sure she took some of her things off. What the bike has is a IMS dry break tank, custom made upper a-arms, and handguards.

What else do i need to do to campain this bike in my local harescrambles?

OutlawBill
11-26-2007, 08:34 AM
New tires have the shocks rebuilt for your weight and have the top end of the engine gone through

rundrave
11-26-2007, 11:26 AM
is she still going to be on an outlaw next year?

I been trying to find some deal like that where somebody has already added everything aftermarket to a quad.

Evasiveone
11-26-2007, 12:43 PM
She will not be on the Outlaw next year. Wilson racing is selling their Outlaw IRS machines now too. They include Mike Sokra's and Gallaghers machines. They have 5 of them for sale, go to Predatorowners.com in the for sale section.

Also a must have is a good stabilizer like the Precision if it is still not on there.

eerhard09
11-26-2007, 12:46 PM
Are they switching to the SA versions? Or possibly going full KTM quads?

OutlawBill
11-26-2007, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Evasiveone
She will not be on the Outlaw next year. Wilson racing is selling their Outlaw IRS machines now too. They include Mike Sokra's and Gallaghers machines. They have 5 of them for sale, go to Predatorowners.com in the for sale section.

Also a must have is a good stabilizer like the Precision if it is still not on there.

Stephanie may not but I am sure that Mike and John will be. This is just the normal end of year sale on there old race quads. They will have new ones for next year.

Outlaw 50
11-27-2007, 05:30 AM
Did it come with beadlock rims? If not that would be a good item to consider.

wilts42
11-27-2007, 05:52 AM
No it didn't, thats one of the things im looking at right now.

do any of you know what are my options for getting the bars higher? Will flexbars raise them a few inches? Do they even make extented stems for these bikes? I haven't found any

OutlawBill
11-27-2007, 06:38 AM
Check with Rath racing for the +1 anti-vibe steering steam or Rox for +2 handle bar riser

FReEK
11-27-2007, 03:16 PM
Alba has a decent riser bar combo.

http://store.albaaction.com/shop/POL-BAR-KIT.html

wilts42
11-27-2007, 05:53 PM
thanks guys i like the Rath stem looks nice.

right now im going to be making a jump on the control options. I PMed some people on here about used flex bars so we will see.

I also e-mailed a guy on ebay that will sell a set of 4 hipers for 660.00
they include 10 inch fronts with a outside bead and 9x9 rear with double bead.

don't the fronts need to be double bead also? Is it better to get a 10 inch rear wheel or is 9 ok???

GE4x4
11-27-2007, 06:24 PM
You can't get a 9" rear for a Outlaw IRS, only a 10". So make sure your clear on that.

On a side note, I was told Steph won't be on a Outlaw but is being sponsered by a Yamaha dealer, so a YFZ will be her ride. I was hopeing she would give the SRA Outlaw a try as mods are more available so she can have mod for mod like Tracy. Oh well, I hope she does well.:macho

wilts42
11-27-2007, 07:54 PM
what she told me was that she wasn't happy with polars, she waited for them to get her the sar but "other" riders get them instead, then there was the issue of aftermarket parts, there was none. I actually have a set of one off upper a-arms that have a adjustment for castor that she had made at a machine shop. She also said she felt that the size of the outlaw made it harder to run up front with the smaller lighter 450s. Overall she just wanted to try something different. And what nice people her and her hubby are, could of talked forever about riding. Plus the longer i stayed the more stuff they kept on putting in my truck.

If you guys ever get the chance to talk with her at the races she is very nice.

TYLER329
11-28-2007, 11:39 AM
I'M GLAD THAT STEPH IS NOT GOING TO BE ON THE OUTLAW THIS YEAR. SHE IS FREAKIN ANNOYING!!!

Flynbryan19
11-28-2007, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by TYLER329
I'M GLAD THAT STEPH IS NOT GOING TO BE ON THE OUTLAW THIS YEAR. SHE IS FREAKIN ANNOYING!!!

:confused:

Why is she annoying? You know here personally?

TYLER329
11-28-2007, 01:35 PM
I met her at one of the races and every other word was the f bomb. She just kind of had this big attitude about her.

OutlawBill
11-28-2007, 01:50 PM
Wish her luck next year. I would have to say the Outlaw IRS was just too big of a quad for her. Too bad she could not get a 525S just a little heavier than a Yamaha 450 but still big in size. I think the new Can-Am 450 would fit her all so

wilts42
11-28-2007, 02:40 PM
she does tend to say what on her mind :)