PDA

View Full Version : new 450 bogging and stalling

gotboostido
11-25-2007, 05:00 PM
hey whats up everyone, will i have had my 07 yfz for about a month and the bike seems to bog a bit. like if im rolling up to a jump in 2nd and give it gas to hit the jump somtimes it will bog and i will nose dive. its happened several times . is this a case of me not keeping the bike revved enough. also when im going to take off from a stop. and give it gas it will stall. im new the 450. it was a step up from the 400ex. should i take it back to the dealer. i planned on doing an exhaust and no box lid and rejet. but that was going to wait for the 20 hour valve service. maybe the cam mod...

cbrooks118
11-27-2007, 08:40 AM
Its the FCR carb, I have the same problem on my 06' It really bothers me coming from a 250r. I have rejetted to a 168main 48 pilot with the new needle, even tried a #20 leak jet, still boggs from idle to WOT if i do it real fast. Runs like a top other than that! Oh yeah mods are (full exhaust, cam mod, k&N w/outerwears, no lid)

I have been pondering on buying the Boyseen quickshot, but i havent found anyone who will let me return it when it doesnt fix the problem. My philosphy is if doesnt fix it then i should be able to return it, but know one agrees with me. It probably seems worse to me because i have a twist throttle.
Over the six months i have owned my YFZ, i have adjusted the way i hit the gas so i dont notice as bad, but still i notice it.

11-27-2007, 08:46 AM
i think a #20 leak jet is too small of a leak jet...this is a problem with all fcr carbs...i am running a 42 leak jet on my honda and it took care of the problem completely. it is possible that by going down to a 20, you went too far and are actually putting too much fuel in(leak jets work opposite...smaller is actually richer)

250r4life
11-27-2007, 11:38 AM
i've got the boyesen quickshot 2... got rid of the problem...

people ask me if its worth it... well, is the little part they send you worth $80. well, no... the part itself isnt worth much at all...

however, i didnt spend $80 for the part- i spent $80 to get rid of the bog... gotta ask yourself that question- is it worth it to you to get rid of the bog? to me, getting rid of the bog was worth $80

ohsobad_chevy
11-27-2007, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by 250r4life
i've got the boyesen quickshot 2... got rid of the problem...

people ask me if its worth it... well, is the little part they send you worth $80. well, no... the part itself isnt worth much at all...

however, i didnt spend $80 for the part- i spent $80 to get rid of the bog... gotta ask yourself that question- is it worth it to you to get rid of the bog? to me, getting rid of the bog was worth $80

wow....your the first person I have seen that said the quick shot worked and completely took care of the bog......did you change your leak jet as well as install the quick shot?

250r4life
11-27-2007, 03:22 PM
nope... just installed the quickshot...

i run a 175 main, a 48 pilot i think, the quickshot, and have the airbox removed...

my bike runs out like a son of a gun

Ryan Plaugher
11-27-2007, 07:17 PM
yup same here, cover curred the very little bog i had.

11-27-2007, 10:14 PM
i got the same effect with an 8 dollar leak jet.

250r4life
11-28-2007, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by speedyquad
i got the same effect with an 8 dollar leak jet.

parabens!!!

11-28-2007, 09:53 AM
i don't know, but 8 dollars vs 80 dollars for the same effect is always better in my book...just trying to let the original poster know his options and the cost of them

step869
11-28-2007, 10:50 AM
my buddy who is a pro mxer had the same problem w/ a brand new yfz he had
we took it back to the dealer and they had a yamaha tech come in and work on it trying pipes jets etc...
still no fix yamaha ended up buying the yfz back

and my other buddy had the same problem
we put frant and rear power nows in it

cured.........