PDA

View Full Version : lights and regulator??

tx_250r
11-25-2007, 04:23 PM
Help me out guys! my bike came with no lights and now i am trying to hook them up. all there is are two connectors. one has a green wire and a white wire. the other connector is the same but i think it has an extra brown wire. i checked the white wires and i know they have power. i bought a regulator off ebay but i'm not sure how it hooks up. i touched the white wire from the regulator to the white wire on the connector and touched my voltage reader to the the green wire on the regulator and nothing happened??? shouldn't power go in at 24v and come out at 12-13v or am i way off. do i need extra parts? can somebody post a pic or a diagram??

wilkin250r
11-26-2007, 12:49 AM
On the second page of this (http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=204311&perpage=13&highlight=diagram&pagenumber=1) thread is a wiring diagram.

You can see the connectors in the diagram. The connector with the only the white and green connects to the voltage regulator, labeled "A.C. REGULATOR" in the diagram.

The connector with the 3 wires goes to the headlight switch. The brown wire feeds power to the tail light. You might need to buy (or create) a new wire harness for them. It's very possible that those wires were taken off.

The lighting system is AC, which will not give you a reading if you are using a DC setting on a multi-meter. Also, the regulator is a shunt type. It doesn't come "IN" the yellow wire and "OUT" the green wire. The green is connected to ground, and anything over 15VAC gets routed directly to ground via that wire.

tx_250r
11-26-2007, 09:12 PM
thanks wilken... don't have the handle bar switch but i think i can make it work without it. i need to make this work... work right then hook up my dyna fs. i been holding on to it cause i don't know how to hook it up.. and really don't know any body around here that knows how to hook it up. but after reading the instructions several times i think i can do it. what makes it difficult is that some of the wires have been cut and spiced together. After posting on here i realized the lights should be the same as my 1985 atc250r... i'll check this weekend. thanks alot!

regg187
11-27-2007, 01:27 AM
The Dyna fs should just plug in where the stock cdi box plugged in, it is just an oem replacement.