PDA

View Full Version : rev limiters?

mrpimpoligist
11-25-2007, 03:19 PM
any body have a big gun rev limiter? are they worth it? is it true that if your battery is not FULLY charged then this limiter will make it not start? do you have to have a big gun exhaust to go with a big gun rev limiter?

250exkid
11-25-2007, 04:14 PM
any pipe can go with it.. but not sure on the battery. iv heard wut you said about the battery is true tho but dont quot me on that,

11-25-2007, 04:33 PM
your little saying that says "loud pipes save lives" tat is true, i have been in situations going 55-60MPH flying in trai;ls were there is an icline then the otherside goes down so its like a long hill and you dont know if thee is someone on the otherside coming over. with a loud pipe you can tell if someone is there nd move out of the way, i love loud pipes because i know where people are so i dont have a head on.

XXXRACER165
11-25-2007, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by mrpimpoligist
any body have a big gun rev limiter? are they worth it? is it true that if your battery is not FULLY charged then this limiter will make it not start? do you have to have a big gun exhaust to go with a big gun rev limiter?

I have a White Bros rev box and I still have my original battery from 2001 in the machine if that says anything.

drew416ex
11-25-2007, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by XXXRACER165
I have a White Bros rev box and I still have my original battery from 2001 in the machine if that says anything.

Same here.

00.400ex#55
11-25-2007, 05:42 PM
yes itstrue. dont bother with a big gun. after about 20 hours it just wouldnt start even with a charger on it. had to bump start it. but now i gots a difrent motor :p

11-26-2007, 07:00 AM
don't waste your money on a rev box...

The CDI box comes from an XR250 kick start bike. It's equipped with a circuit
designed to help keep the engine from "kicking back" on the rider.

What it essentially does is not fire the spark plug if the engine doesn't crank
above a certain RPM. This preset RPM level is just barely under the normal
crank speed of a 400EX... So, throw in some thick oil & cold temps, or simply
a low battery, and it's just enough to cause the engine not to start.

Hondamaster5505
11-26-2007, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by FoxHondaRider
your little saying that says "loud pipes save lives" tat is true, i have been in situations going 55-60MPH flying in trai;ls were there is an icline then the otherside goes down so its like a long hill and you dont know if thee is someone on the otherside coming over. with a loud pipe you can tell if someone is there nd move out of the way, i love loud pipes because i know where people are so i dont have a head on.

haha, same here. My pipe is dang loud, but at least people can hear me from the other side of the hill.

I love climbing hills, but im scared about whos on the other side. lol.

red_rider_069
11-27-2007, 02:41 PM
i have a g$ rev Box it runs fine.. i been unning it on a big gun pipe... it works fine.. but idk about how good big gun would work.. supposably it works bettter when u have a big gun ppipe and the rev bow .. so dik.. but g4 works fine :D its new on the market

red_rider_069
11-28-2007, 07:57 PM
G4 REV BOX.. YEA AND REVERSE DOESN CUT OUT.. I CANT PRACTIACLLY CLIMB HILLS BACKWARDS :cool:

red_rider_069
11-28-2007, 07:57 PM
G4 REV BOX.. YEA AND REVERSE DOESN CUT OUT.. I CANT PRACTIACLLY CLIMB HILLS BACKWARDS :cool: