PDA

View Full Version : 2003 rincon lost power

xcracer416
11-25-2007, 01:25 PM
well ill go into detail on how this problem occured. I was heading down a trail to go duck hunting yesterday afternoon and had to cross a quad sized mudhole. when i got into the middle of it i hit the gas and it sputtered then cleared up. now it will only pull enough to let the transmission shift and then you wont get but to 30mph top speed. it seems like its only half throttle. earlier in the morning i went through a rather deeper mudhole and didnt realize that my factory intake snorkle was slid out of the airbox gromet. i got a very little amount of water in the air box. i did not realize this till i was trying to diagnose it on the side of the trail. i fixed that, cleaned the air filter, drained the gas which was new, checked the oil. is there a problem/ diagnosis that i seem to be overlooking?

i have a everything stock, except a front bumper and a set of 25 inch 589's.

please help me if you can. the rincon has 5144 miles, and nothing has ever been done to it except oil changes, wheel bearings, brakes, handle bar grips.

xcracer416
11-25-2007, 01:29 PM
oh yeah, what about some sort of warning light or indicator on the display screen where my speedometer and fuel guage is? there is nothing out of the normal on my display. the quad has always had the power when needed until this happened.

f4istunna
11-25-2007, 06:57 PM
sounds like it sucked some water int he intake. You said you cleaned and dried the filter and fresh gas. Did you change the oil?

sometimes we tip the bike on the grabl bar when they drown out and let water drain out of the exhaust. (thats just to limp it home or to the road) then change the oil and gas immediately when home.

Im not really familiar w/ the rincon, is it belt, chain, shaft drive? Ive had belt drive quads move slow or not move at all until the belts dried out when you submerse em.

xcracer416
11-26-2007, 10:35 AM
i didnt submerge it, but it did get a hair of water in the intake. it is a hondamatic transmission.

xcracer416
11-26-2007, 05:57 PM
ok i just got through changing the oil and filter, no help. used honda synthetic oil and honda filter.

i need help guys please. ideas?

the Z Man
11-26-2007, 06:07 PM
Did you drain the carb? should be a screw on th ebottom of the bowl, counter clockwise til all gas comes out of the carb, retighten.. Do this with the gas off of course.

xcracer416
11-26-2007, 07:36 PM
yeah i drained the carb right after the air filter was cleaned.

the Z Man
11-26-2007, 08:39 PM
Check your valve clearance, .. maybe they are not closing all the way. (bent Valve)
A compression check may varify this as well.