PDA

View Full Version : New Jersey, It's finnaly happening,a place to ride

440challenger
11-25-2007, 08:09 AM
All over the news and in the papers. A place to be built in Monroe and one in Ocean county!!ABOUT TIME!!!!

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2007/11/state_purchasing_former_strip.html

or just google "news atv ocean county" and a bunch of info comes up.

Crazy lil punk
11-25-2007, 09:14 AM
I cant beleive I would ever say this...I love Jerz! I can't wait, any idea on when its opening?

deathman53
11-25-2007, 10:14 AM
I read the article in the APP, it doesn't seem so positive. Don't hold your breath, Remember this was supposed to happen in 2005 and it made the same headlines. The problem NJ has, is that the greens have too much control. They would much rather build another golf course(like we need any more), baseball feild, little used park, or something to make their green heart feel good. Yeah, the private sector should get involved and HAS. I'm sure you know about George's land in lacy, well he tried years ago to make his land a atv park/camp ground. He got fought by the state all the way. They wouldn't let him, but they allowed millions of acres to become shopping centers, houses, parks and golf courses. All but the parks are big tax revenue generators, that should tell you where the proirities are $$$$$$$$$$$ and screw everybody else.
I read the comment on the web site, it seems alot of greens posted and the pro-atv people. The greens are comparing us to hunters??? the hunters have places to hunt, lots of places. The atv people, hmmmmm....raceway park(only good if you want track riding in a competitive atmosphere), Atco(falls under the same thing, BUT only operates at tues/friday night), and that leaves Njorvp that the masses seam to like and is closing on sept 08. Alot of choices we have!!!!!!!!!!

JForestZ34
11-25-2007, 11:31 AM
I hate to say it this way but I'll believe it when I see it..:rolleyes:

James

Crazy lil punk
11-25-2007, 02:18 PM
Any idea where it is more exactly? I would like to take a ride out there..

naw0029
11-26-2007, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by deathman53
I read the article in the APP, it doesn't seem so positive. Don't hold your breath, Remember this was supposed to happen in 2005 and it made the same headlines. The problem NJ has, is that the greens have too much control. They would much rather build another golf course(like we need any more), baseball feild, little used park, or something to make their green heart feel good. Yeah, the private sector should get involved and HAS. I'm sure you know about George's land in lacy, well he tried years ago to make his land a atv park/camp ground. He got fought by the state all the way. They wouldn't let him, but they allowed millions of acres to become shopping centers, houses, parks and golf courses. All but the parks are big tax revenue generators, that should tell you where the proirities are $$$$$$$$$$$ and screw everybody else.
I read the comment on the web site, it seems alot of greens posted and the pro-atv people. The greens are comparing us to hunters??? the hunters have places to hunt, lots of places. The atv people, hmmmmm....raceway park(only good if you want track riding in a competitive atmosphere), Atco(falls under the same thing, BUT only operates at tues/friday night), and that leaves Njorvp that the masses seam to like and is closing on sept 08. Alot of choices we have!!!!!!!!!!

I agree, i rember back in 2005 when they had just about the same articals in the paper. Made all us quad guys happy and all the tree hugger mad and when the smoke settled NOTHING happen. Like you said they would rather spend the mone on some golf courses.