PDA

View Full Version : Military

02400exracer
11-24-2007, 09:17 PM
well im 18 and have been a carpenter/ welder for the past year and have made pretty good money, i have been thinking about joining the military in either the army, marines, or navy. if i join it will be in infantry, i want to join to serve my country to make it better for the future, as well as get away from home and explore new horizons. i was just wanting to know your opinions on if i should join, which branch and your personel experiences. thanks for any and all suggestions

ZeroLogic
11-24-2007, 10:12 PM
Join the Navy, shoot for something you would like as a career. It somewhat makes sense. I've talked and heard about infantry soldiers comming back from Iraq real screw up. Not physically but mentally. And I mean screw up, all they talk and want to do is kill people. Then come back to America working a job that pays 6 dollars a hour and go nuts. Join the Navy and get a education in carpentry or welding or anything you want.

skillet
11-24-2007, 11:01 PM
LOOK INTO THE NAVY SEABEES, BUILDER OR STEALWORKER

hskers82
11-24-2007, 11:32 PM
I spent 5 years as a heavy equipment operator in the Navy Seabees.I wouldn't trade that time for anything.It was probably the best choice I ever made

skillet
11-24-2007, 11:49 PM
I SPENT 7 YEARS AS A CONSTRUCTION MECHANIC. HM-14, NMCB-5 , CBU-417. LOVED IT.