PDA

View Full Version : Whats your Favorite 4x4

SpeedyWho
11-24-2007, 08:31 PM
I looking to get a Big Bore 4X4 Atv for trails, snow, mud, and an extra Atv that my wife can ride without having to shift gears. I want a 4X4 with enough power that I can have fun with it, I love my sport atvs so I want to get powerful 4x4. When I take my wife with it will be on state trails that are flat and easy to ride untill she gets the hang of Atvs, shes new to them.

What do you like and whats works well for you?

I like the Honda products. But I hear Rincon is on the heavier slower side of the list.

I also like the 800efi Sportsmans.

What else?

Thanks for any info

SpeedyWho
11-29-2007, 02:33 PM
Nobody yet??

exrider12
11-29-2007, 02:37 PM
if your wife will be riding id suggest a 400-500 cc so its easier to learn on.

drmargy
12-15-2007, 10:42 PM
I started on a Honda 250 (2-wheel) and just traded it in for a Yamaha Kodiak 450 4X4. I loved my little Honda's maneuverability but wanted more power and 4X4. The transition to the Kodiak was simple. It's automatic, which is nice. My Honda had the electronic shift. It wasn't hard to use, but the automatic feature is nice, especially on steep hills. I had to use my lockers for the first time the last trip out to get up a steep snowy hill. My husband also has a Kodiak. Our friend rides an older Grizzly 660. He can get a little further than we can with the extra power, but not much. Both machines are lots of fun in the snow, mud, or whatever comes our way.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1383/1308025071_2a6c0342d7_m.jpg

I never had the luxury of learing on flat trails. They guys I ride with go for the hills. Besides, we don't have much flat land around Powell River, BC. But we have great logging roads and trails built by our ATV club to explore.