PDA

View Full Version : I've got skid plate issues!!!help

BiggerRed 400ex
11-08-2002, 10:59 AM
Ok, here's the deal. After riding my 400EX in the desert I bent the factory skid plate by mobing over a rock, so I got off and put my boot on it and bent it back. Then on another ride the same thing happened only it bent into my disk break and started grinding a groove in the skid plate. So i bent it back to finish the ride and then started looking into new better skid plates. I ended up buying the White Brothers Heavy Duty Aluminum skidplate and when i got it , it looked real rugged. But the first ride with it out in the Mohave I hit a few rocks and guess what!!! It bent in three places!!!!! Im really getting pissed at how easy these things bend.
So does anyone have any suggestions about a REAL skidplate that can take some abuse or if i should call White Brothers and have them send me another one or get my money back???? Thanks for your input
Ryan :confused: :grr

Pappy
11-08-2002, 11:05 AM
me and rico had the same crap with our ac skids. we switched to prm and no problems at all. i just ran a race and it took a pounding....not hardly a scratch.:D

BiggerRed 400ex
11-08-2002, 11:28 AM
Who sells prm skidplates?
Do you think i have a chance with getting my money back from WB?

Taco
11-08-2002, 11:31 AM
check with our site sponsor:D

Pappy
11-08-2002, 11:31 AM
contact the quadshop.....they sell PRM and have good connections at white bros. they are also the site sponsor so give them a try.:)

Taco
11-08-2002, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by cdale127
contact the quadshop.....they sell PRM and have good connections at white bros. they are also the site sponsor so give them a try.:)
copy cat:D

Extremeracer167
11-08-2002, 11:51 AM
or if u wanna spend that cash and get a TOP QUALITY skid plate. Contact Pro-tect They are thinner the PRM=more ground clearance. And they are made of stainless steel, so they are VERY VERY strong! Most of the top pros run them. U can expect to pay between 100-150 for a skid. But they will prob. outlast a PRM. Dont get me wrong, i run PRM and i like it. But the Pro-Tect is a more durable skid! I think it sais something when most of the top pros run them. They arent going to run something thats junk, especially a skid plate.

Taco
11-08-2002, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Extremeracer167
or if u wanna spend that cash and get a TOP QUALITY skid plate. Contact Pro-tect They are thinner the PRM=more ground clearance. And they are made of stainless steel, so they are VERY VERY strong! Most of the top pros run them. U can expect to pay between 100-150 for a skid. But they will prob. outlast a PRM. Dont get me wrong, i run PRM and i like it. But the Pro-Tect is a more durable skid! I think it sais something when most of the top pros run them. They arent going to run something thats junk, especially a skid plate. It also adds about 8lbs of weight to the swingarm and can bend the mounting tabs on the swingarm from not giving.

440exnacsracer
11-09-2002, 07:22 PM
trust me on this one. look in dirtwheels and find sunset atv's page or try to find theyre website. i bought one of theyre skids for my 400 and it will take a BEATING!. i went to tennesse on labor day weekend and it never bent. you HAVE to have a good skidplate up there!. the last one i had when i went to Tenn., got ripped off. this ones still in great condition though. its aluminum and runs about $65. lata
Ben

Honda2003
11-09-2002, 07:41 PM
i got to get me some skid plates. mainly for the frame though. needed it today. hit a big rock going through a mudhole today. didn't damage anything.

RIDER11X
11-09-2002, 10:34 PM
ROCKY MTN. ATV SELLS ARMADILLO REAR SKIDS THAT I HAVE USED ON MY LAST TWO QUADS. NO PROBLEMS AT ALL! AND I RIDE EASTERN WOODS WITH LOTS OF BIG ROCKS. 4 OF THESE HAVE BEEN SOLD TO RIDERS FOLLOWING ME AND SEEING THE ABUSE THEY TAKE. JUST LOCK TITE THE BOLTS WHEN INSTALLING, AS WITH ANY SKID PLATE!

GT300
11-10-2002, 05:36 PM
Does anybody know how the durablue skid holds up? I am deciding between a prm or the durablue.

Ex_Rider43
11-10-2002, 06:22 PM
I have pro armor stuff but I dont get theyr swingarm skid. I saw it and it looks strong and well made. the skids I get are really strong and I recomend it.