PDA

View Full Version : HMF, Sparks, or Yoshi

mrpimpoligist
11-24-2007, 06:01 PM
I don't no which exhaust i want more. I have narrowed it down between the Carbon Fiber HMF Bill Ballance, the x4 Curtis Sparks, and the Yoshimura RS-3. All of these are full systems. I hurd that the HMF is loud and gives respectable power. The Curtis Sparks is also supossed to be similar. And I hurd that the Yoshimura gives out lots of horsepower however it is not very loud. Which one do you think? Oh and I like to trail ride but i do go to my friends track sometimes.

honda8&3
11-24-2007, 06:11 PM
Do our sport a favor and don't get a loud exhaust for trail riding. The HMF you can get a quiet core for (at least the sport series you can). I'd say the Yoshi. I love the look of the RS-3 can and it sounds pretty nice. I think its like 97 dcbs. (Not positive):cool:

11-24-2007, 06:29 PM
power wise and loudness

1)Curtis Sparks
2)HMF

tar
11-24-2007, 08:56 PM
Curtis Sparks X-6 you won't be disapointed!

11-24-2007, 09:02 PM
x-6 i for big bore and x-4 is for stock bore or things under 416. really you can have a 440 with a stock header and HMF slip on but its not the full potential. If you run stock bore with an X-6 i bet you wont have nearly as much torque. look how much bigger the x-6 is

mrpimpoligist
11-24-2007, 09:06 PM
does anybody have a bill ballance HMF? If so let me know and tell me if it is sticks out past your break light or grab bar?

drew416ex
11-24-2007, 09:39 PM
sparks if noise isnt an issue.

jstalnaker
11-24-2007, 10:15 PM
i would stay away from carbon fiber.
1 very exspensive
2 if it gets hit it will break aluminum will bend

11-24-2007, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by jstalnaker
i would stay away from carbon fiber.
1 very exspensive
2 if it gets hit it will break aluminum will bend

and carbon fiber will break apart just from vibrations. if you dont have a sponsorship with the company were you can et a new 1 free or really cheap than dont bothr with carbon fiber

shadowwalker
11-25-2007, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by mrpimpoligist
does anybody have a bill ballance HMF? If so let me know and tell me if it is sticks out past your break light or grab bar?
I do. It is close, but doesn't go past it. Here is a little bit of info I have gathered though. Other than looks, the Ballance is the same as the regular HMF Pipe. The only reason I got the Ballance was because It was used and a good deal for the full system. The Ballance also has the Torque Range Modifier, however I was told there is no noticeable difference on the 400ex. The quiet core is available for both the Sport and Ballance pipe as well. However, even with the quiet core it is still kind of loud.